Aprillia RS 250 Vs 750 ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aprillia RS 250 Vs 750 ?????

I need some help boys.....a bet has arisen in my household and my mate beleives that an RS250 can out run any 750......how strictly true is this ???? I find it somewhat hard to beleive but apparently he has a secure source...any ideas ??? or facts ???
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

How come you're asking us for facts? Shouldn't you be asking him?

But seriously, in a straight line it's got no chance. Around particularly twisty roads, or a twisty circuit, with an excellent rider on the seat (and a comparatively poor one on the 750), it's possible.

Comment

I'll have some of whatever he's smokin'! :roll:

Comment

why would you even be tempted to post such Shit

Comment

Hang on Pauly maybe he's right... I'm gonna take my 750 down tomorrow and trade it up for an RS2-fiddy.

Or not.

8)

Comment

look I'm not sayin he's right.....come hell or high water my beleif is he is fucken wrong.....but I just need some factual evidence to fucken nail him so he knows he's wrong
            "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

go to the track and you will see most of the 250 riders doing better times than the 750,s if there is any there :? in a straight line theres no chance,but say obriens with the right rider ,yes it should leave the 750.at the track,there about the same depending on who.s riding what.

Comment

Well an RS250 makes what? somewhere around 60hp? and they weigh about 140kg dry.

The new GSX-R750 makes something like 148hp and weighs about 165kg dry.

I mean the 250's can keep up corner speed like nobody's business, and someone who knew their way around a stroker and a track could probably clean up most guys on bigger bikes. But in a straight line or more real-world conditions, I don't think the 250 would have a chance.

(he says, having riden neither of said bikes)

Comment

hahahaha..that's funny..i think he's jealous of your 750..

anyhow, just hope he's not talking about GP RS250's

for example, Honda RS250 makes over 90Hp from my memory and weighs...F^&* all..has power to weight ratio close to that of K3 1000. so you'll be screwed... Aprilia has similiar specs with its RSV250..but these are GP bikes...

Comment

come on guys if its a gp bike then there's no comp.if its the proddy then this weekends results give you the answer. there was a guy up there on a rs250 and he was faster than all the other 250 proddy bikes. he was also dicing with the slower 600's but the bikes that won that day where 600's and you compare the 600's to some of the older 750's and there on about par.now the new 750 well thats on par with 03 r1 no chance
                    You can please some of the people all the time.
                    All the people some of the time.
                    But you can't please all the people all the time.

Comment

Those honda RS250 GP bikes are 95-100ish kg dry from memory.
                      Pull 265km/hr down the straights!

I used to have a RGV (which is hte same engine in an aprillia rs250) and through the twisties (as long as the road was nice n smooth) it wasnt difficult to pass-out the bigger bikes. The sheer flickability of these things is incredible (and the handling obviously better on the rs).

I own a ZX7R now and for comparisions sake in straight line i ran 161km/hr terminal speed @ the motorplex on my RGV and 195km/hr on the ZX7R. Your gixxer 7 weighs in some 40kg less than my lardy slut and another 15-20hp more top end....

Comment

i had an RGV250 (same engine as the rs250) and i traded up to the GSXR750 and this is what i found the RGV being lighter i was able to throw it around through corners easier than the 750 but find any staight and the 750 is a slowly dissappering dot ahead of you.
                        It was funny, I'm the jester, LAUGH damn U!!

Comment

Don't they say theres no replacement for cubic displacement... they being me

Comment

I have an RGV250 and everybody beats me :oops: . but then again, i'm a turtle who doesn't know how to ride. So I guess it's all dependent on the rider

Comment

dont worry after a bit you will be leaving most 250's in clouds of blue smoke behind you the RGV is a good bike i almost cried the night i sold mine but there was nothing more enjoyable than leaving CBR250's behind
                              just take it easy on corners the powerband has a bad habbit of throwing riders off
                              It was funny, I'm the jester, LAUGH damn U!!

Comment

Working...
                              X