• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimota YB11

Any opinions on the Bimota YB11?

Thunderace YZF1000 engine...

Good or bad buy?

Never ridden one, wouldnt like to comment.

Anyone?? Bewleerrrr......anyone?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I heard that Bimota wasn't around anymore...

So you wouldn't have a factory warranty...

Could be wrong.
      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

What about the engine, is it any good?

http://www.bimota.com.au/models/yb11/yb11.htm

I have the opportunity of getting this bike with 700kays on it..

Just wanted some informed opinion.

Cheers guys,

Comment

There's a guy who works down a 'Wayne Patterson Motorcycles' in Bunbury who I have seen riding a Bimota a few times...

Can't think of his name though. Maybe it's worth a phone call...

Comment

flakey...is that kawa the same as mine???

:shock:

Comment

flakey...is that kawa the same as mine???

:shock:
              It's '96 - Wot was left of my first 9R...B-)

Got 11 days out of it, before some mental giant turned infront of me...B-(

Bummer, really liked the colour scheme...

(I think you will find that this one has a shorter wheel base...)

Comment

I own a 97 YZF1000R, and she has a rather feisty power plant... 145hp at the crank at 10,500rpm...so power isnt a problem

Comment

Im pretty sure bimota went out a business, they were selling limited numbers of their bikes, but parts are gunna be hella expensive
                  I was raised on the Dairy....Bitch

Comment

Bimota is still. around i think it was saved by some american money and hasent become common again yet im not sure though

Comment

aussie mussle cars in osborne park were selling a yzf1000 based bimoto. it was a limited edition as all bimotos are. apparently only a couple of this type in aus. they wanted 22k for it. shit to get parts but apparently all the drive parts are yamaha. bit pricy though.

Comment

How does yer bike sound CAD? more like a CBR? or a duke maybe?

Tigger and Turbinator, where'd you get your info from about whether they may or may not be still around?

Pete, do you know if the bike is still there? Apparently Bimota only made around 1200 bikes per year for sale worldwide so that would explain their limited edition-ness. They're a bit of a mongrel bike in the way that they use drive parts of different brands but hand fabricate their own chassis and fairings and use big dollar bolt on bits (brembo's, etc.) Bimota's with model numbers beginning with a Y such as the YB11 that I'm looking at, use a Yamaha motor, those beginning with an S use Suzuki, D = Ducati etc. etc.[/quote]

Comment

i got my info from, either two wheels or australian motor cycle news(AMCN) magazines, cant remember which tho, ill have a look.
                          I was raised on the Dairy....Bitch

Comment

I have a m8 with a Bimota - he came off it and used insurance - the examiner found cracks in the frame which looked like it was pre-existing - so the insurance company said they wouldn't fix em, cause the crash didn't make them. Prob was, at that time the factory didn't exist, so he had no warranty either... Apparently he does have a good motor though... B-( Be careful buying bikes with no warranty, you can get stung bad...

Comment

More like a CBR aLFa, with a Remus pipe =)

Comment

Working...
                              X