Cheap leather GP jackets...yes or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap leather GP jackets...yes or no?

Ok im looking around for some leather jackets and I know the alpinestar ones are excellent but for price it might be too steep for me.

Came across ebay and they had some distinctive GP ones. Does look good.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...&category=32077

I emailed the seller of the other products he stocks and he replied:

[i]Yes, our prices are cheap but this does not reflect on the quality, rather what the shops are charging as a markup. If you are in Sydney, you can try a size on - we are getting a small shipment next week. Otherwise, we can order one for your size. To keep our prices down we only order on demand. I have included some pictures of the jackets that we have available.

Our prices for the GP leather jackets are $330 and $230 for cordura. Add an extra $20 for registered mail (Australia).

We also supply gloves at cost price. An example is a summer glove made from leather/kevlar with carbon fibre knuckles and airvents cost $50 and not over $100 what the shops would charge.

Pleasant riding

Max.

He send me some images of the other he stocks.

Oh btw its cowhide leather. So what do you guys think?

HAHAHA that Guy wearing the jackets is a GOOOSE

Comment

they look like cheap rip offs

Comment

what a gumby...

Comment

HAHAHAHAH Jarrid.. classic!
          that guy does indeed look like a fag
          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

They look sweet , would like to have a look in person though ... Have they got protection in them ( elbows, Shoulders ) .... ??

Love the west one ....
            Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
            Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

ohhh i think id have to shoot myself if i were the guy in the repsol ypf jacket!

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

gloves

Never believe anyone that says they will sell you something for cost. :?

Comment

they're cheap because they are cheap, its your money though..

Comment

try underdog leathers...

Rumor has it that the guys it a leather tailor and was sick of the poor stichwork of the so called "good" brands (like alpinestars...my one lost a seem at one stage).

Check it out...

http://www.underdog-leathers.com/

Comment

Thanks Melkor.

Dang they are nice leathers. Too bad they dont have any WA distributors. Has anyone from here bought anything from them?

Comment

GP Jackets

One other thing to consider when buying a replica jacket is that you could run into trouble with the law if you look like a pack of smokes with wheels.

It could be deemed as tobacco advertising which is illegal and the reason why you don't see any Marlboro Ducati, Lucky Strike Suzuki or West Honda paint jobs on bikes anymore.

KENNARDS HIRE - Make Your Job EASY!

Comment

yeah it'd be worth trying to get some leathers here for us to look at.

I might look at getting some samples over for us to look at if enough are interested.

Comment

Re: GP Jackets

One other thing to consider when buying a replica jacket is that you could run into trouble with the law if you look like a pack of smokes with wheels.

It could be deemed as tobacco advertising which is illegal and the reason why you don't see any Marlboro Ducati, Lucky Strike Suzuki or West Honda paint jobs on bikes anymore.
                            LOL LOL LOL this is the funniest urban myth i've ever heard.

Comment

yeah it'd be worth trying to get some leathers here for us to look at.

I might look at getting some samples over for us to look at if enough are interested.
                              I'm in the market for a jacket and liked the look of the ones on the web site you posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X