Computer wizkidz help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer wizkidz help!

Does any of you computer wizkidz know what software/hardware I need to transfer footage from my mini DV camcorder, to my computer. You know, wheelies etc???

P.S. Hows the new bike going Deej?
    :-)

not a computer wizkid myself but
    do you have firewire on your pc & cam? that'll be a good place to start.
    softwarewise try some of these at
    http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Home.jsp
    free trials to dl, crack or whatever...

Comment

Re: Computer wizkidz help!

Does any of you computer wizkidz know what software/hardware I need to transfer footage from my mini DV camcorder, to my computer. You know, wheelies etc???

P.S. Hows the new bike going Deej?
      I use Pinnicle Studios software for the Perth Extreme stuff. Its called Studio 7.

The bike is freeekn awsome. Gave a buddy of mine on my 02 Gixer a couple of runs on Ried Highway yesterday. He is a talented rider and he is same weight. My 03 bike had a great advantage lower in the rev range, and a sligh advantage up top of the rev range and that is only with 400 k's on the clock.

Look forward to when its run in.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

For about $70.00 you can buy a TV capture card - but the quality may not be as good as if you can connect it using Firewire or USB (assuming your camera supports either)...

Oh, and I have found that the software you use makes a BIG difference to quality as the cheaper stuff can't get a good frame rate...

Good luck on ya search...B-)
        Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

I don't know what the frig a firewire is, but when I bought my camcorder I got a lead with it, but that connects to the computers serial port not USB, would this do the trick?

Comment

serial port, how old is your camcorder, www.ple.com.au have plenty of crap that you can get for video editing, you just gotta find it, got stuff like video editng software, cards and sheet like that
            I was raised on the Dairy....Bitch

Comment

Ok, do you know what the model, age and type (analog or digital) your camera is??

Cause this type of info REALLY helps in finding out what you can do with it...b-)

Firewire is a type of connection between PCs and different devices (cameras, external drives etc) and is also known as 1394. Often, only the number is written near the plug/socket due to space on the camera...

If you want to find out more about something, just go to www.google.com or click here - http://www.google.com.au/search?q=firewire...F-8&hl=en&meta= and type it in and search, there's thousands of sites with useful stuff on them...if you look.

If you do decide to buy something, definately checkout www.ple.com.au as they have good prices and good products.
              Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

My digital camera is quite new and the serial port connector came with the digital still software (which is crap) for uploading pictures, so I use a card reader instead for that.
                [img]http://au.msnusers.com/_Secure/0SwD9dPQWg4A4lAhBGDQjVpCZupdhaq!fx!u6Ysoe00hVY4Bcz 27nFvYxW0p9lvt9Fn0vKzl9mziI*crpzbuG5ehkCPU2VZz0SIf GVaP2cOQ4W4XF*DcUBA/camcorder.jpg?dc=4675422967905825901[/img]
                The picture is poor quality but do any of these sockets look like they will be for the firewire?

Comment

After alot of squinting, the socket on the very left hand side that is labelled 'DV OUT' looks like a FireWire connection.

As Flakey said, you will need to get a FireWire card for your PC, as well as a link cable to go between your Camera and your PC.

Once you have those items, it should be smooth sailing from then on in.

-Mike
                  In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again.

Comment

Yeh the one on the very left look s to be firewire, grab yaself one of the cards at www.ple.com.au they got quite a few, around 300-500 bucks

Comment

$300-500 bucks...No way.
                      I work at an Electronics store, we sell FireWire cards for just under $60.
                      And 1394 (cable to connect cam to PC) cables for about $30.
                      So for about $100, you should be set.
                      If you want one, just give us a yell and i will see if can suss something out for you.
                      -Mike.

Comment

Forgot to Log-in, that was Me.
                        In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again.

Comment

i may be wrong, that was just the prices i saw when i had a quick glance at them, in the video cards section, Pinnacle cards i think

Comment

Thanks guys, will have to get it sorted when I have some spare cash.

Comment

How bout a new seated computer setup like...

http://www.mypce.com/product/experienceit.html

Comment

Working...
                              X