Lockdown Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockdown Bolts

Alright, I'm moving into my new house in a couple weeks, and the carport on it is open to the street.

What I want to do is get a bolt and eyelet put into either the concrete floor or the wall, for me to be able to chain the bike down when its in the carport (On the odd occasion that I will have to drive )

Any suggestions for where to get it, or how much, or someone that can fit one for me? (I'm in Ellenbrook, so Morley/Midland and surrounding areas)

Don't want my pride and joy ending up on the back of someones ute.... And this seems like the best option, unless somone knows a better solution, and putting garage doors on isnt an option just yet
    Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Im sure if you paid a visit to bunnings you would find what you are looking for.

Then go to Rolly Tasker and get some stainless steel yacht rigging cable and use that as your restraint. Tough shit that stuff.

Comment

Kryptonite make a wall/floor mounted "anchor point" its surrounded by rubber and the high tensile "D ring" can hide nicely flush into the surroundings when its not being used.

However, be warned... someone off this forum had his bike secured to one... and they ended up cutting thru the armoured cable that was securing the bike to the anchor point, and making off with said member's bike.

Go see the Chookie at Causeway Honda. I'm pretty sure they have one in stock you can look at.
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

u can get everything at bunnings including s/steel cable as roly taskers is more than bunnings. have price said items before from both.

u need a hammer drill to drill into the concrete lots of people have them
        A site all parents should check regulary
        http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

u can get everything at bunnings including s/steel cable as roly taskers is more than bunnings. have price said items before from both.  

u need a hammer drill to drill into the concrete lots of people have them
          but you cant get the eyelet fittings press-fit at bunnings, u can at rolly tasker. I bought a 1.5m length about 4 years ago when I had a theft problem with my dirt bikes, cost me about $100 then, but it is seriously tough shit. You would need an oxy to cut it.

Comment

I'd suggest to keep your bike hiden from view from the street. Park it in the backyard (or even better in the house ) and then chain it to something. Also investing in good alarm helps. Mine is pretty good and all it costs me is some food and ocasional visit to the vet
            Fast, cheap & reliable ... pick any two.

Comment

scoundrel.....not that i am a great fan of bunnings things so bloody expensive but next time u are in there look at the stainless stuff they have in the clips/u bolt sections.

p.s. there is an easy way to cut s/steel cable..but considering that this is not a closed forum will not post how too many bikes have gone
              A site all parents should check regulary
              http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

If they see it, and want it they will get it one way or another ....

As Klink said, evan chaining it 2 the floorwall isnt safe and that was in a locked garage ....

:shock: :shock: :shock:
                Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Just get a cover that says Volvo on it and throw it over your bike that will stop any would be thief in there tracks
                  1, Always look good
                  2, Always know what you're doing
                  3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

dont get to carried away a 250 isnt a prime target and if some one is going to go to the effort of stealing a bike im pretty sure they would be chasing an 03/04 model or as close to

who has had there 250 road bike stollen?

Comment

Gonzo's got nicked...
                      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

You may want to look at the top of the line kryptonite chain. It's high tensile hardened new york chain with bevelled edges making it impossible to cut or saw.

This stuff it the next level up from the armored cable and just about impossible to get through...You'll find it'd be easier for the crooks to go for the concrete if you use new york chain.

Comment

Yeah I agree with Pauly. They are not going to go through all that effort to steal a 250cc worth around 4-5000k when they can get a m/c worth 3 times that price. But if you are real cautious, just bloody hide the damn bike. Cos what people cant see, they cant get. Its a 250 cc so you can even walk it through your front door and park it in your living room, or to the backyard if you have no side gate. Or better even, install a garage. That will ease your mind a little. Cheers.
                          ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                          FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

As Klinky said, the Kryponite Armoured point is a great bit of kit. Comes with the drill bits you need in the pack as well. Very need and tuff unit.

The weekness is in the Chain. I had my Gixer nicked when they cut thru the armoured cable.

I believe the best u can get is wot Melkor said. 'New York Chain' I think its called. I would spend the money on that.

Causeway Honda have them, ask for Chookie.

As for not bothering cos its a 250. Trust me. Bother. My scooter got nicked and that was a 125. Mr barista's scooter got nicked and that was a 50cc.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Yeah I agree with Pauly. They are not going to go through all that effort to steal a 250cc worth around 4-5000k when they can get a m/c worth 3 times that price. But if you are real cautious, just bloody hide the damn bike. Cos what people cant see, they cant get. Its a 250 cc so you can even walk it through your front door and park it in your living room, or to the backyard if you have no side gate. Or better even, install a garage. That will ease your mind a little. Cheers.
                              The way I see it, whether your securing a 250 or $40k Augusta spend the $$$$s once and get the best set up you can and then you don't have to upgrade your chain/lock set every time you upgrade your bike.....

The best chain to use is the one that has a starving rotti attached to one end :twisted: :twisted:

or maybe attach one end to the mains power of the house.either way sit back and watch the thieving scum suffer :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X