Front Brake on ZZR250 'help'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Brake on ZZR250 'help'

My front Brake on my zzr250 is not smooth anymore it is stiff its hard to explain but when the bike is '''Still''' u pull the front brake in and it gets stuck in like 3 places, it jerks thats the best way to explain it ,sounds bad but it's not major when it sticks. Has anyone had this problem b4????

Brendan
    Your Life Expectancy Is Directly Related To Your Right Wrist!!!!!

try spraying some WD40 or similar into the brake lever friction areas and master cylynder plunger, if this seems to smoothen the action out then maybe stripping all out cleaning and regreasing is in order. Failing that the problem may be at the caliper end, like the pistons sticking or the dust seals working there way out.

I've got a workshop manual you can borrow if required.

Comment

Thanx gordo i think it has something to do with the master cylinder plunger thing maybe the rubbers are stuffed on the plunger!! i dunno

Brendan

Comment

try pivot point in brake lever too. grease it up...... :shock:
        ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

try pivot point in brake lever too. grease it up...... :shock:
          Pivot point is fine, Its sumffin to do with the plunger thing, That shaft that goes into the brake Fluid sumffin there i think!

Brendan

Comment

If your experience in brakes is not good as it sounds in this case, you might be better off going to a shop.
            If you start pulling master cylinders apart and you don't get it right you could be in for fright when you least expect it...

Comment

Not takin it to a shop, I will fix it my self!!! I know brakes are a funny thing to work with,

Brendan

Comment

Do what you like!!!! :roll:

Comment

I didnt mean it like that,

Brendan

Comment

Working...
                  X