VFR800 VTEC Constructive comments only please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFR800 VTEC Constructive comments only please

Looking at the above bike new from rick gills $16000 + orc or there is a second hand one with 6800kms for $13990 or comes with genuine detachable paniers for $14990. Have taken it for a ride and was surprised with the power from an 8 hungy especially when the VTEC cuts in at 7000rpm.

Would like to hear from peolple who have ridden, owned or had friends that have owned a VFR for some constructive comments, good or bad. 8)

Wrex.

I rode one when I was testing for my k3 last year. Nice riding position, smooth delivery...but it just lacked...something

It seems to me to be a 40 year old's bike. A nice tourer/work commuter with power to get you up to speed but no "zing"

I guess it really matters what you want it for.

Comment

A bloke I used to work with had one and loved it.

Never once said a bad thing about it. 60,000+ k's and going strong so I was told.

He fits Melkor's comment perfectly: He's over 40, commutes and does(did) a fair bit of cruising.
      sigpic

Comment

A Mate of mine has one and loves his as well. Is under 40 and uses his for general riding, not touring as such.

He highly recommends them.

BB.

Comment

VFR

As you would know wrex, thats what I'm usually riding on the country runs. The model before the vtec though. I dont find it too bad. A little small for a big guy like me but that wouldnt be a problem for you. It is a little more of a 'softer' option that the full on sports bikes but depending on what you are looking for it could be exactly what you want.
          Go down and have a look at the red one at causeway. Its a demo from 02 I think and they are pretty keen to get rid of it. Has a few $$ worth of pipes on it too.

Comment

Sold

Dodgy, the demo sold a few weeks ago.

I sold the pipes separate to another customer that already had a VFR800.

The bike Wrex has in mind is a another one we just recently traded.

Chook.

Comment

viffer sweet ride. cant go wrong

Comment

1 x 04 VFR800 VTEC brand spanking new $16000 on road

Bank manager will make the decision

Comment

Very nice!

Insert routine psb comment: "Post pic's, post pic's" (kidding)
                  sigpic

Comment

Yea the guys seem to really like them.

http://www.ozvfr.net/

Good luck with it.

Rob.
                    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

It seems to me to be a 40 year old's bike. A nice tourer/work commuter with power to get you up to speed but no "zing".
                      OY! We aren't all still in diapers on this forum ya know. ....
                      M o r g z

Comment

It seems to me to be a 40 year old's bike. A nice tourer/work commuter with power to get you up to speed but no "zing".
                        Settle guys i agree with melkor took the viffer for a ride with the misses had to ring its neck to get anything out of it. bought a blackbird 04 brand spanking new

Comment

You bastard. I want one now!

Welcome to the land of Honda
                          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

yes yes Morgz. But you're only as old as the bike you ride. You get a special exemption for the blackbird.

Comment

yes yes Morgz. But you're only as old as the bike you ride. You get a special exemption for the blackbird.
                              I'm not 40 yet either

Besides, a well ridden Viffer would likely whip a lot of the whipper snapper ridden hyper sports on this list :shock:
                              M o r g z

Comment

Working...
                              X