Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Tonight and West Australian Newspapers

RE: Today Tonight and West Australian Newspapers

I’m sure many of you were witness to the dramatised journalism that appeared on TVW7’s ‘Today Tonight’ last night. Additional media comment can be found on page nine of today’s West Australian Newspaper.

The West Australian blerb clearly pointed to several articles and comments that can be found within the pages of this Forum. They have referred to us as a “thriving Perth sub-culture which has taken to cyberspace to boast about our exploits”.

The reason the media have found this Forum is no doubt because the Perth websites that contain the footage the media displayed, all hyperlink to this Forum in their main website links. They have therefore come to the uneducated assumption that we are all one and the same.

Although PerthStreetBikes do not condone the antics displayed in the offending websites, I cant help but be in awe of the skill of the people involved in the offending footage. Take page nine of today’s West. Who in their right mind could argue that the person who is sitting on his fuel tank, feet over the screen and doing a wheelie is not clearly skilled and in complete control. I also notice this motorcyclist has chosen a secluded or private road to practice their motorcycle skills.

I appeal to everyone to please zip up and do not talk to the media if approached to provide personal comment in an unprepared statement. It will just add additional fuel for their already sensationalized journalism.

Lets hope they actually do some real investigating and reporting. Maybe they will find out that the motorcycle fatalities they refer too don’t happen when some guy is doing a wheelie on a secluded road but they occur when Mary Jane on the way home from work in her Volvo forgets to check her blind spot or Jack Bloggs on the way home from Bunnings slips through a stop sign without coming to a complete stop and having a good look.

If you are visiting this website from a media house, welcome, please take a look around. This Forum is a source for approximately 600 (and growing) Perth motorcycle riders who are regular law abiding people that get busted occasionally for speeding, just like you did last week in your car, but have a passion for street bikes. This does not make them ‘Hooligans’ or ‘Gang Members’. It makes them a bunch of regular people who enjoy the company of people with similar interests.

Regards
    Deej (Admin)

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)
Working...
X