Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong with my GSXR750??????? HELP

Ello

I have ridden my moto 3 times upto redline at 13000 revs and all it does at this level is 220kph. This is way to slow shouldn't it be doing about 260-270kph at this revs?

i was in sixth gear. been told by mechanic sprcokets are original and not changed so it should easily do 270kph and more.

What could be the problem and how do i fix it?

Thanks

Buy pedals?
    Sorry man, no idea
    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Could ya gear box have been played with?

Wot about ya speedo? How accurate is it?? B-)

Standard size rims/tyres?

Otherwise dunno...
      Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Hmm, sounds like you need to ride naked, so you have less weight and better aerodynamics through the wind... Remember to wear sunnies, it can get hot out

Comment

need more info on ya bike ThegreatOne.

how old and how many k's has it done? did you just get it off someone?

It sounds like loss of power at the top end, which mean carby/fuel supply related.

your main jet could be clogged or your carbs are not in synch any more.
          does it accelerate smooth and still has strong midrange? then no probs with carby sync.

if you just got the bike may be the person who sold it to you played around with the jet and stuffed it up, like drilling it to big and enriching the mixture too much -> loss in power.

or timing might not be advancing properly.

but to be safe, you should really get a mechanic to have a look at it.

my 2c.

Comment

pffft... I just think you need pedals
            Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

actually... forget what i said before, i miss read your comment...

i think it could be the clutch slipping??? or youre not actually in 6th gear....maybe..

anyone :?:

Comment

It's not an import is it??? If so, it could be restricted for a certain market.
                If it is, there is always mods you can do to derestrict.
                :-)

Comment

Wot Bike is it you have?

If it is a big one, sounds like the sprokets aint the size u think they are?

Dus it feel like its getting all the power down or dus it feel like the slutch is slipping?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Its a GSXR 750 91 about 70000k on clock. 2 weeks ago fully serviced with kn airfilter.

Checked sprockets today. Found rear one is okay 43 but front one is 14 not 15 which is what its supposed to be. Can this be it? Can this be making me lose top speed?

speedo and tacho were checked all okay.

Picks up very quick and no gurgles or anything. Iriduim plugs mobil synthetic oil. etc etc etc

tested it again to day samething. at 13000(red borderline)revs gives 220kph at 10000 gives 160kph.

The sprocket has one less than manufactured could this be making me lose the speed. Been told at 13000 should be doing 270 is this correct?

what else could it be?

the muffler is stradt sports.

Comment

aint 220 enuff!!!

my little babys ringing its tits off and struggles 180 !

Comment

I think its just farked! anyway you cant do those speeds widout ya lience can you ?
                        Love
                        Nick :twisted:

Comment

this page shows your bike should do close 250km/h top speed.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3906/suzuki.html

hope this helps

Comment

One tooth less will make a diff for sure but, not that much.

Go to www.gixxer.com and visit the forums. Stick up a post and thousands of 750 owners will offer constructive comment.

Deej

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Thanks for all your help people!

By the way how many k's can u guys do to a full tank and how big is your tank.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X