Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The West Australian - Bikers Dice With Death

To save anyone else wasting a dollar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Their loved ones will be getting a knock on the door that will change their lives forver.

Bikers Dice with Death

Daring motorbike riders are playing a catch-me-if-you-can game with Perth police by performing dangerous high-speed stunts then publishing their exploits on the internet.

These pictures, taken from a Perth biker website, show riders treating Perth roads like a stunt ground, going at high speed on one wheel and risking their lives and those of other drivers.

Other riders boast of outrunning traffic police who cannot keep up with their high-powered street bikes and give other law-breakers advice on how to beat police.

Police have vowed to examine the footage in a bid to get evidence to prosecute the riders who, in some cases, have taken care to cover their faces and licence plates.

"My first thought is the complete lack of consideration for the safety of other road users and the complete lack of consideration for their own loved ones," Assistant Commissioner lan Johnson said.

"Because if they continue to perform such stunts, sure as day becomes night their loved ones will be getting a knock on the door from a police officer with news that will change their lives forever."

The popularity of high-powered bikes has spawned a thriving Perth sub-culture which has taken to cyberspace members well-versed in the technical aspects of their machines, boasting about their exploits and organising ride meetings.

Pictures of the riders' exploits were discovered on the internet by Channel 7's Today Tonight program.

Enthusiasts include a handful of police who have used the internet to offer advice to fellow bikers on dealing with speeding fines and the finer points of traffic laws. Riders regularly hit speeds above 200kmh and a favoured stunt is to slam on the front brakes so the bike stops with its rear wheel in the air.

Mr Johnson said 12 motorcycists had died this year on WA roads.
    "There is no second chance on a motorcycle," he said. "People walk away from car crashes, they rarely walk away from a motorcycle crash."
    Royal Perth Hospital trauma director Sudhakar Rao said motorbike riders became human missiles at high speed. "They are 15 times more likely to die than other road users," Dr Rao said.

About 30 per cent of bike accidents involve serious spinal injuries.
    WA bike riders continue to beat speed cameras because licence plates are not compulsory on the front of bikes. WA road safety authorities are working with Victorian colleagues on licence stickers and rubber plates to go on the front of motorbikes.

“My first thought is the complete lack of consideration for the safety of other road users.”
    ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER IAN JOHNSON

sigpic

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS! *cranks up some piglet music*

TIME TO HUNT DOWN THISE DAM BACK PACKERS 8)

Comment

Tanks Dugy , was going to spend that dollar sarvo, would have been a complete waste ...

nice pics tho..
      .. practice .. practice.. practice ..

Comment

"People walk away from car crashes, they rarely walk away from a motorcycle crash."
        Yes, we should start winning prizes for it...

Someone needs to send these guys and LVX or similar DVD... Imagine the media excitement then..

Comment

http://www.thewest.com.au/20040525/news/ge...3-pic24462.html

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")

Comment

NSX had to get a mention! we don't do all that work/crashing/destroying for nothing.
            ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

My god!! They cover their faces!!

I guess from now on they should just take their helmets off when they do the stunts.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

My only comment so far for this piece of shitty journalism is that it is only going to promote younger teenagers to do the same thing. Look what Fast and Furious did to the car scene. I enjoy watching LVX, get on up, ghost rider etc and its even better watching the local boys especially the monkeys tear up the motorplex somthing cronic

Its just another extreme sport, get over it for fucks sake :roll:

blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda
                1, Always look good
                2, Always know what you're doing
                3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

wo!!!

Taking a big risk, looks kool i admit and i have 2 give these blokes some respect but.... is it worth there lives????

Comment

I guess you should let them be the judge of that Viperlight. Its not for someone else too. Much the same as a smoker when he takes up smoking or an abseiler or a footballer.

All dangerous, but if we all lived life rapped up cotton wool we would all be very dull individuals.

Having said that....."Wheelies...... just dont do them".

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I didn't spend a dollar, i got CAD 2 do that instead ...

Who are those Masked men anyway ???

8)
                      Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                      Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

LOL this article is a perfect example of how the media just hasnt got one frigin clue, and the people that read it and belive it have even less.

Comment

WHAT!?? u mean its not true??

i believed it...

i mean i know 1st hand that they are all crazy young hoons with nothing better to do with there lives than risk theres and those of there fellow road users.... there all between the ages of 18 and 21 - all ride stolen motorcycles... or ones funded by the dole - and should have there bikes confiscated... coz they ALL still have them!

Im now scared to ride with this hooligan gang ever again.... even though my Harley trike is faster than there 'high powered sports bikes'.

Comment

I think you guys seem to be missing the big picture. Its all well and good when you do it on private property, if you kill yourselves (not that you are going to!) you aren't putting anyone else at risk.

Having photos (bragging rights) of people actually doing it is just asking for it

Comment

How many accidents have you heard of where bikes have ran in to randoms

endagering others pffft its all about timin

Comment

Working...
                              X