Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with people riding without helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with people riding without helmet?

saw this guy on broad day light on ST.GEORGE's TEC @ lunch time... casualy riding bike (seems to be nice red ducati) with out any protection.

:shock: I go... WTF?

Its his bean... its his choice!
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Some people have approval due to medical reasons but most just have a friendly GP that gets them a lid exemption and they ride with no lod cos its cool.

Wait till they come off for the first time. Later pretty boy.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I dunno about that Deej, I think they threw out that law/exemption thing in the late 80's... only withstanding ones still apply... I'm pretty sure you can no longer apply for a helmet free exemption, ie: siting claustrophobia etc etc.

Theres a dready headed courier in perth that fongs about on some old bunkie thats helmetless... But I think he's been like that for years.
        Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

I dunno about that Deej, I think they threw out that law/exemption thing in the late 80's... only withstanding ones still apply...  I'm pretty sure you can no longer apply for a helmet free exemption, ie:  siting claustrophobia etc etc.
          Yup. That would be right. An old friend of mine tried to get one cause he has trouble with helmets cause he's got a metal plate in his head. He was told bluntly that if he couldn't wear a helmet he shouldn't be on a bike.
          And even trying to get current one's approved is a total bitch if it wasn't a permenent thing in the first place.
          If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

Fuck man, with a metal plate why would you need a helmet anyway?

Head-skitchin, w00t!
            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Ahh ok cool. U dont see many these days so I guess that would explain it.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Fuck man, with a metal plate why would you need a helmet anyway?

Head-skitchin, w00t!
                plate was fairly small, near forehead. thus probs with helmet...
                hmm. perhaps should've suggested full plate around skull :twisted:
                If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

i've got some titanium plates in my head. four around my forehead actually. i know how fragile heads can be and that's why i would never ride without a helmet. i've had two stacks on bikes and both times my head has copped a hammering - once on the ground and once through a car windscreen. if i hadn't been wearing a good helmet both times i would have alot more to worry about than some plates in my skull.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else.. but I feel naked when riding without a helmet :?
                    Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Yeah how are those two dudes on h arleys, black one and turquiose one they always zoom around lidless, they hang out at leftbank, freo and outside Connections for some reason.. but they're great to talk to.. I think Dubs might know them too

Anyway yeah they said they have a "percentage of the time" restriction so they only have to wear their lids 20% of the time they ride.. which is every time really cause how can you police that
                      mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

take a closer look next time.... I know a chick who rides a duc SS900 without a helmet... never has used one..... you will see her around perth all the time..... blond hair or bright coloured...likes carpet....and she has an exemption .
                        Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

take a closer look next time.... I know a chick who rides a duc SS900 without a helmet... never has used one..... you will see her around perth all the time..... blond hair or bright coloured...likes carpet....and she has an exemption .
                          yeah I think I saw her while back... with fluro green hair. LOL :roll:

dykes on bilkes? :roll:

Comment

helmetless is good for finding out where that annoying little noise is in the engine.... but only for footpath runs.

ive seen this guy on a black 80's gsx250 in perth, a dark skinned bloke with dreds.... i think he's a courier tho... and he's pretty funny to talk to too.
                            Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
                            So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
                            It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

Comment

Yeah im the same, the only time i dont wear a lid is when I am test ridin up and down the street trying out my handiwork.

Comment

Working...
                              X