What they didnt say on the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What they didnt say on the news

While cruising down a certain road yesterday (dual lanes) at about 90k somebody in a four wheel drive decided 'he didn’t see me”.
    I was in the left lane, he crossed the two parallel lanes to turn right, came to the centre divide didn’t stop, across the right lane straight into the left lane (my lane) .. You following?

I was full lock on the brakes and ended up going on off the road onto the dirt to go around him. This is the closest call I have ever had , my mirror just missed his car (or did he just miss my mirror) and just b4 pulling on to the dirt I thought that was the end of me.. I think the only thing that saved me was that he stayed to the right of the left lane giving me a little more room to play with. After locking the rear wheel trying to stop and figuring, there’s no way I’m going to stop I let off the brakes and headed for the dirt/grass on the Side of the road, then I started thinking if I bin the bike its going straight into a tree, maybe I’m going with it. Some how I managed t get back on the road.

As you would have expected I went mental! All he kept doing was pointing to his eyes and saying the famous words "I didn’t see you" .. like that’s an excuse .. I think the words "I didn’t LOOK" fit better.

What pisses me off is that these shows portray us as a threat to peoples lives. Ok the stuff we do with our bikes maybe dangerous, sometimes even stupid, but we don’t put motorist at risk? Surly only ourselves? 200 serious injured last year on motorcycles according to TT, are you saying all bikers do wheelies now? and just how many involved cars? Why didn’t TT show this .. oh o.. oh that’s right coz its the true and the true is not worth reporting.. Sorry I forgot.

Maybe PE should have changed the website to show stats of just how many people are killed by OTHER PEOPLE!! and just how many bikes have killed other motorist.

WE are not a threat to anyone but ourselves.
    When we ride , we understand the risks involved and if we want to put our own safety at risk then, that should be our choice. What is wrong is when others put our safety at risk.. and this happens far to OFTER! Take the crappy drivers off the roads, the ones that drink drive, talk on their phones and "don’t see others".

If I had been killed yesterday would that be put in the news as:

1) My fault – I belong to PSB, therefore must have been doing something stupid
    2) My fault – Because the driver didn’t see me?

Anyway just like to say to the driver, you’re a just another wanker who has a penis extension of a 4WD. To myself, OMG I survived, I really don’t know how I got out of that one. To ‘Today tonight’, when are we going to see a real story on the drivers that cause problems on the roads? To everyone on the forum.. thanks for letting me bitch

Nick
    Love
    Nick :twisted:

8) close call dude, but TT did the "4WD: PENIS EXTENSIONS" last year. It's our turn this year.
    Originally posted by vk6hgr
    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

the point is bad drivers are wht people should be scared of .. not us
      Love
      Nick :twisted:

Comment

<points up to Nicks post> true true
        Glad you still with us dude!!

Comment

Eeek close call man.. glad to see you're still with it and in FIGHTING spirits!
          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Good news that you came out alright then.

That's have to give ya grey hairs early.
            sigpic

Comment

Pleased that you are ok, obviously your riding skills, experience and situational awareness all came in to play to help you.

Maybe the moderators could set up a separate section for close calls so we could keep our own statistics.
              :?:
              I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Glad u didnt bin your bike dude. First thing I say at the start of a driver training session that I am conducting....'Speed doesnt kill, Driver's do!!' :evil:
                Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

FYI

Hey guys

Well like most of yous, after watching TT and then reading the newspaper the couple of following days I was pretty peeved myself. I know I don't ride, so as a none rider and only a cage driver I will stand on your side of the fence. Not to mention Kev and I witnessed a cage hit a yellow 954 and send it and the rider off the road.

So anyway as I was saying, I'm pretty peeved about how they portrayed yous, so I did a lil research and this is what I found.

As you can see motorbike fatalities is at it's lowest...so why are they trying to punish you for having less accidents and killing yourslves? who knows. But then they went on to say that you are endangering the lives of other road users... umm hellow the stats say that Driver fatalities are at their lowest to... the numbers arn't adding up.

Anyway I just thought I'd post this info, I mean so what, they're not gonnabelieve us, but if anyone says shit, just through this back in their face and see if they can chew on it.
                  I&#39;m a good kitty, good in bad ways, and bad in good ways.

Comment

Great info Cat

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

haven't been havin much luck of late have you young nick...
                      don't knock 4x4s or i'll mow you down haha jk

Comment

Re: FYI

As you can see motorbike fatalities is at it's lowest...so why are they trying to punish you for having less accidents and killing yourslves? who knows. But then they went on to say that you are endangering the lives of other road users... umm hellow the stats say that Driver fatalities are at their lowest to... the numbers arn't adding up.
                        Ummm....dude, we're only 5 months into 2004. Sure, on those figures driver fatalities will top out at ~25 for the year which is still pretty good, but there's a lot of winter and holidays still to come.

Both types of fatalities have obviously been relatively static for the last 15 years, which doesn't really say much other than that all our "road safety intiatives" don't really do a lot.
                        It is worth remembering that when a person dies, his or her funeral contributes to the Gross Domestic Product, even though they are no longer there.
                        - David James

Comment

Ummm....dude, we're only 5 months into 2004. Sure, on those figures driver fatalities will top out at ~25 for the year which is still pretty good, but there's a lot of winter and holidays still to come.
                          Yeah but even then, 2003 stats are still pretty low
                          I&#39;m a good kitty, good in bad ways, and bad in good ways.

Comment

Glad ur safe Nick, stay safe all.

Comment

Well done Cat - remind me to show that to my mother next time she says motorcycles are a death trap. The only problem is the relative ratios of deaths to riders/drivers.

Does anyone know the number of riders and drivers in WA?

Comment

Working...
                              X