radiator repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator repairs

my boss got stone chip on 02 R1, can anyone fix the radiator? car guys said its to small to work on...................

Re: radiator repairs

my boss got stone chip on 02 R1, can anyone fix the radiator? car guys said its to small to work on...................
    ]

Daz,

I just spoke to the guys at :

Armadale Radiator Service
    26 Owen Rd Kelmscott WA 6111
    ph: (08) 9399 1589 Motor Radiator Services

They were recomended to me by chookie, guy quoted me $50-100 to fix the hole i got on the W/E.

Comment

Spewin to see the hole in your radiator Nath, must have been all those rev limiting burnout you where doing :twisted: did you get home alright?
      1, Always look good
      2, Always know what you're doing
      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Spewin to see the hole in your radiator Nath, must have been all those rev limiting burnout you where doing :twisted: did you get home alright?
        I never saw no rev limiter... I think the closest I got to redline was poping the front up with your heavy ass on the back.

Yea, got home fine, the radiator pissed out a bit when we stopped at Bunbury but a bit more soap sorted that out.

Ill rip out the radiator tonight and take it to this guy or the guy Leroy suggested, to get all fixed up and pretty again....

For anyone doing regular country runs, see this post
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/view...opic.php?t=2128 for some protection, cheap insurance..

Comment

8) Glad you got home OK Nath. Lucky I had some soap eh?

You missed a great time down South. Wait till you hear the German backpacker barmaid story. Told you I would find one

Road Trip stories are always best over a beer so next Sunday at the Monkey OK

Cheers
          Honda is No 1
          <div align="center"></div> <div align="center">CHEERS BAR</div>

Comment

What's with the soap? Is that a temporary magic radiator sealer or something?
            mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

What's with the soap? Is that a temporary magic radiator sealer or something?
              Apparently, Leroy showed me how to do it.

Just got a small bar of soap (that the old girl warpie had in his man bag) and pushed it in and around the hole. Worked a treat.

Comment

If it's a fairly small hole/split, you can also put pepper in your radiator and it'll seal the leak. It will even hold the pressure.
                ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

From the outside of the radiator you just jam soap into it? Weird!

Pepper? now you're pulling my leg, surely!
                  mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

From the outside of the radiator you just jam soap into it? Weird!
                    Thats it, just be carefull or you will bend the radiator fins around the dent if you press too hard.

Pepper ? like powder or pepper corns ?

jebus.. wack in an onion and a few carrots and you'll have yourself a nice meal..

Comment

Serious! Just grab some ordinary black pepper and shake in about a teaspoon and away you go! The leak will seal up right before your eyes!

Comment

Serious! Just grab some ordinary black pepper and shake in about a teaspoon and away you go! The leak will seal up right before your eyes!
                        Are new PSB- Mc Guyver

Comment

Are new PSB- Mc Guyver
                          Hehehe.......you can crack an egg in there, but pepper is easier to carry than an egg.

Comment

Fark man... you should get one of those late night time slots, thats heaps better than that an ab roller or George Foreman grill.

Comment

I can see a new category on PSB forum...."PSB's own MacGyver"

"This weeks advice: Ever lost your bike key? We'll show you how you can start your bike using a nappy pin and a gum leaf!"

Comment

Working...
                              X