No announcement yet.

MRA Meeting Notes 24/4/07

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more like saying they're paying them attention and forgetting them 10min later. Its just good for publicity to be able to say they liase with MRAWA
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Saf, I am surprised at you taking such a negative attitude.[/b]
      Morgs, You know me mate, hatin all day.

I seem to remember numerous posts from you last year, saying that the only way to change things for the better, is to be on the inside. I believed you meant that, and I sent off my $25 and PM'd you offering help. I am truly sorry that the vast majority of people on here either truly don't care about what happens, or were too lazy to get off their arse and support you, and as a result it didn't work out for you, but I still think you are right about being on the inside.[/b]
      Seriously tho. I did mean that (changing), and im still ploding away with it. I havent given up, pre-selections will say what happens. As far as why im so bitter, its because im not a cheater, swindler, liar, salesman (not all are bad) and lastly, not a politician. I am a guy who enjoys fast bikes and cars, and i have always had a interest in politics. Id be called a politician by default, but really im one of the crowd, so my intentions to get into politics, was for the system ... not to line my pockets cause i have nothing better to do. Contrary to popular belief, politics isnt a easy job, its not even 9-5, and it isnt money for nothing, but i wanted to stand up.

What shat me more than ANYTHING (and i can say how i feel, a politician wouldnt) was the people that shat in my threads .... cause they could. As a mod if someone shits in a for sale thread, i have to clean it up, yet when it happened to me .... i had to sit and take it. "Thats what politics is about .... ". Yes well not from your own people. Id love to write a few lines of my thoughts in their resume's and CV's .... boy id have some fun and see how they like it for the job they want.

Long story short, i am doing what i can in the backround. If some of you guys would know, im sure you would be well impressed, but the time for help was there and its now gone, ill have to make do how i can. As can the MRA.

Now they always disclaimer that if you dont like it, join and change. Ive given my analogy on that, and i did say what you spoke of, the inside, and i firmly believe in it. The MRAWA is NOT on the inside. They are on the outside of the tent "trying" to piss in. I have still not once heard a solid reply on what they have done for me or bikers they always preach they represent. In 25 years, if you only do 3 things a year, thats a list of 75 things that someone can stand up and say "Shut your mouth Saf , we have done .....". Look i dont even care anymore what they do, however, when someone says the words hoon law, my cage is rattled. When the MRA spoke of it, and we made points, they went away and again proposed it in a stronger fashion .... sorry, dont need communism here, we had that in Europe.

Go to the meeting Saf, make your point known .....

So why are they (MRA) here on PSB ?. Do they not use anything we say here and actually voice it as a credible opinion?. We allready once said some words about hoon law, so obviously not. Surely one person would have said "hey ____ , on the PSB forum this was mentioned and people went balistic, and some Citizen D hater dude had a MRA banner in his sig file that made us look like Dorros sidekicks". Id take notice of that.

So what are they here for then ?. Come to a meeting, pfft, the meeting should come to us, and by that i dont mean me or anyone in particular, but PSB in general. Cept nowadays i prefer they dont.

Im outspoken, im abrupt and by many who dont know me, get me all wrong (cause i hate and abuse Bulbous only, and Tyson at times), but my heart is always in the right spot for others, or for the right thing. Im sorry if i seem negative, but ive not ever seen anything to make me think otherwise. I guess im now repeating myself .... thread bashed to death, i dont think this horse is kicking no more.

Comment

The trouble is....

The MRA isnt here, not officially anyway

A few new members have tried to make an effort in getting info out into the public for an airing
        but YOU ARE RIGHT, Saf & Sabre1 the answers need to come from the top and not from those trying to make change

The MRA committee's answer is join and find out......
        I am beginning to see the issues we are all presented with, BUT these issue's belong to any of us who use the roads
        so where and who do we turn to.......

Dragonrider is also correct,
        The MRA Committee has the power at the end of the day to make decisive decisions, on everyones behalf, NOT just those who have joined their organisation (shit sabre your rubbing off)

I didnt like that idea, thats why I joined....

So.. where do we as a collective on the biggest forum in Perth go now?

quote]
        So why are they (MRA) here on PSB ?. Do they not use anything we say here and actually voice it as a credible opinion?. We allready once said some words about hoon law, so obviously not. Surely one person would have said "hey ____ , on the PSB forum this was mentioned and people went balistic, and some Citizen D hater dude had a MRA banner in his sig file that made us look like Dorros sidekicks". Id take notice of that.

So what are they here for then ?. Come to a meeting, pfft, the meeting should come to us, and by that i dont mean me or anyone in particular, but PSB in general. Cept nowadays i prefer they dont.
        [/quote]
        Real Men Ride Nakid
        http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

The MRA Committee has the power at the end of the day to make decisive decisions, on everyones behalf, NOT just those who have joined their organisation (shit sabre your rubbing off)[/b]
          So the MRAWA is the self appointed representative of ALL motorcyclists in WA???
          Doesnt seem right to me.

You dont hear the RAC claiming to represent ALL drivers. Everytime they speak publically they say "our members" or "on behalf of our members" or "our members believe this". On the other hand, at least the RAC does speak....

Comment

quote]
            Doesnt seem right to me.
            [/quote]

SOooooooooo

WHAT CAN BE DONE!
            Real Men Ride Nakid
            http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
              Doesnt seem right to me.[/b]
              SOooooooooo

WHAT CAN BE DONE!

[/b][/quote]

I understand your view of &#39;get in there and change things&#39; but i just dont agree with that. As i&#39;ve already said above, I simply would not join an organisation who&#39;s views are not consistent wiht my own. If by and large my thoughts were similar with those of the MRAWA, then I could overlook the odd minor difference of opinion. But too much just doesnt sit well with me, and the be honest the more i hear about the MRAWA the more unlikely i am to ever support them.

It nothing personal against those people who do support the MRAWA. Good on em. But the organisation doesnt represent my views, so they shouldn&#39;t purport to represent me.

Comment

Gday guys,
                Been offline for a few days so just read this. Personally, I agree with the hoon laws and think that Dave is spot on about the "badge of honour" Kids are getting their cars taken on Friday night and have them back for Monday morning, certainly no deterant there. Take their cars for 2 weeks and they might just think twice, especially if it&#39;s "daddys" car.
                The "speed kills" campaign has been running for longer than I can remember, has it worked - no. Yet we all know that speeding is illegal and the consequences can be dire, theres the education and we all know it but some choose to ignore it, sometimes hitting people where it hurts ie; hip pocket/taking the vehicle is the only way to get through to people.
                I want these dickheads off the street. why should peoples lives be at risk because some selfish fool thinks he/she can do as they please.
                In my opinion the road rules apply to every road user. If you do not agree with the speed limit of a road, don&#39;t use it.
                There is absolutely no reason to be doing 100 in a 60 zone. It&#39;s pretty simple.
                I want dickhead car drivers off the road, not bikes - but if the cap fits - I&#39;m not going to stand up and defend anyone going 40ks over the limit. We can&#39;t shout that we want better safety for bikers eg: ban wire rope barriers/roadside furniture/driver education and then turn around and add, but we&#39;ll do whatever speed we like?????
                If you want to take your bike to the limit - go to the track
                If anyone regardless of their transport doesn&#39;t want to obey the road rules - don&#39;t take your vehicle on the road.
                The speeding campaign has not worked - so what are your suggestions to how we can stop these idiots, I&#39;m open to ideas.

Little

Comment

Gday guys,
                  Been offline for a few days so just read this. Personally, I agree with the hoon laws and think that Dave is spot on about the "badge of honour" Kids are getting their cars taken on Friday night and have them back for Monday morning, certainly no deterant there. Take their cars for 2 weeks and they might just think twice, especially if it&#39;s "daddys" car.[/b]
                  I want these dickheads off the street. why should peoples lives be at risk because some selfish fool thinks he/she can do as they please.[/b]
                  LMAO BAM !!!!!!!!!!!.

So the hoon lovin is coming from the top of the food chain, good to know thanks.

Funnay.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason to be doing 100 in a 60 zone. It&#39;s pretty simple.[/b]
                    No reason for having 1000+ cc sports bikes but we still do it.
                    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                    Q-Zar Fremantle
                    Rated-R Parts
                    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Gday guys,
                      Been offline for a few days so just read this. Personally, I agree with the hoon laws and think that Dave is spot on about the "badge of honour" Kids are getting their cars taken on Friday night and have them back for Monday morning, certainly no deterant there. Take their cars for 2 weeks and they might just think twice, especially if it&#39;s "daddys" car.[/b]

Sorry Little, but i haven&#39;t seen anyone on here bragging about having their pride and joy taken from them, and if they did they would&#39;ve been bagged to the max. Now admittedly we are only 3500 bike riders and some have had been charged under the hoon laws but saying it has bragging rights, Dave is way out of touch with both the wider riding community and his own attitude towards speeding. If these are his words i would be shocked that he is such a hypocrite.
                      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I don&#39;t know where you keep hearing that children consider it a badge of honour to lose their car for the weekend, but aside from the insecure joke and false pride in losing their vehicle which is just them covering their embarassment over it to their friends, they are very cut up about losing their vehicles. All you get to see is the laughing about it, haven&#39;t you noticed its the same laugh as when they trip and fall on their face??

It&#39;s also very insulting to label someone an idiot because they aren&#39;t conforming to the way you want soceity to run. It&#39;s their community too remmember. They could retort that your point of view is distorted by propaganda and your attitude awash with political spin.

Not me however, I have no opinion on your policy, I&#39;ve heard it before from the government. It&#39;s as though they are paying you to promote their own agenda so they can say: "Hey, we didn&#39;t want to do it but you said you wanted it.."
                        This is general advice only and does not take into account your individual objectives, financial situation or needs (your personal circumstances). Before using this advice to decide whether to purchase a product you should consider how appropriate it is in regard to your personal circumstances.

Comment

Sometimes Taylor you get it so right...I agree

Comment

Sure it would be nice to have fuckwit P platers off the street for 2 weeks, but if they take my bike for two weeks cos the front wheel lifted a little at the lights, I&#39;d wanna kill someone.

Comment

In my opinion the road rules apply to every road user. If you do not agree with the speed limit of a road, don&#39;t use it.
                              There is absolutely no reason to be doing 100 in a 60 zone. It&#39;s pretty simple.

If anyone regardless of their transport doesn&#39;t want to obey the road rules - don&#39;t take your vehicle on the road.[/b]
                              Well this may be a cheap shot, but it is relevant.

So you never, ever, ever break the road rules?

I have never seen Dave riding, but if people on here who have, are to be believed, he could fall foul of these hoon laws. If true he is being a little hypocritical don&#39;t you think?

The point is that in most people&#39;s opinion the hoon laws are already too draconian and are a kneejerk reaction to TodayTonight type sensationalist coverage of a minority of road users. We should as members of the PSB and MRA be promoting better education and training for road users and perhaps a more appropriate penalty when road rules are broken.

I can assure you that the likes of Stoneville and Sabre1 from PSB do a hell of a lot more to promote safe riding amongst inexperienced riders than the MRA do.

The problem is not the attitude adopted once the car/bike has been taken, it is the attitude that gets them to that point in the first place that is the one that needs modifying.

I agree, time and place is crucial and some people, on here and elsewhere, need to take a little more heed of that, however there really aren&#39;t many people who buy a high performance bike and keep to the speed limits all the time.

You will win no respect on here by being all &#39;holier than thou&#39; and ignoring reality.

Morgs

Adventure before Dementia

Comment

Little,

No one here is condoning breaking the road rules. no one ever said that. so that is a moot point.

I can only speak for myself, but if the MRAWA had come out and said something like "we&#39;re introducing extended rider training, and we&#39;re running a wider community education programme to highlight the venerability of motorcyclists". Then i would give them a whole lot more respect. Sure theres been talk of this training thing happening, but thats all it has been....talk.

To come out and say "we support the confiscation of bikes from people caught doing whatever" is BS. Why is it BS? Well, not because these people don&#39;t deserve to be punished, cause they certainly do, but rather because the MRAWA claims to represent riders. Therefore they should, no MUST reflect the opinions of those who they claim to represent. It is not their role to take some pathetic so called moral high ground and bow to the Today Tonight/ACA retards.

That is my gripe with this whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X