SHIPPING COST FROM US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHIPPING COST FROM US?

im about to purchase some stuff for my bike using the net from the US, can anyone tell me what the usual shipping cost are and any other customs cost or shit like tax???

how long will it take?

im buying an undertail, tail light with LED kit, and rear hugger, will this stuff get packed in the one box or how is it packed?

cheers in advance to those of you who can help,
    Gonz.
    ps: finaly, can i get this stuff here in OZ?

www.extremegraphicfsmd.com is where im getting all but the tail light!

www.hightechspeed.com is where im getting the tail light from!

Re: SHIPING COST FROM US?

Hey Gonz.

I was looking at getting a rear hugger from the US as well and got told shipping was $40US based on the size of the box and weight. They said they could stuff other things in and the cost wouldn't go up coz it was well below the next weight category.

I'd assume they'd get all that stuff, packed properly, into the one box.

Custom's can hit you up for 10% GST and 5-10% Import Duty.

You tried emailing them and asking? I found most of the US sites got back to me pretty quickly.
    sigpic

Comment

Get a shipping quote from the supplier before you send them your credit card number or you could get a nasty surprise.....
      I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

YEH IVE SENT THEM AN EMAIL ASKING FOR IT IM WAITING FOR A REPLY!

Comment

hey mate, i've had a few things sent from the us recently. make sure u ask how long it is likely to take, if it has insurance, price and what method they are using eg. us postal service. $40 sounds pretty good. i'd expect it to take about 3 weeks if the stuff is in stock. i also got them to write "defect replacement" on one of my big packages to try and avoid customs

Comment

i buy shit every week from ebay.

shipping can cost a heap not just depending on weight, but also on dimensions.

make sure that the ONE shipment cost less than AUD$240 or you will get charged duty which may take up all of your discount from buying overseas.

if need be:

1. get 2 or more separate shipments
            2. get them to put "GIFT" instead of "car part" on the customs form

hope it helps....

DUBS

Comment

Gonz1,

I quite often buy from U.S through ticktape.com and its generally free depending on how much you spend there try and twist the crowd that you are going through.... they might come down in price for the postage...Have only been hit by customs once just get the sender to put "Happy birthday" something similar and you should be ok..(should)..
              As others have said its the size of the box that will kill you..

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

I also buy alot of stuff from Ebay. Go to www.usps.com as they have a shipping calculator on there, put in the approx weight and it'll give you quotes. I usually use global EMS from USPS which will get the stuff to you in about a week.

Now, main thing is when stuff is coming through customs the person who is sending it to you has to declare a value, tell them to declare it as $180-199 AUD, else you get hit with GST and import duties. This way you don't get hit with a thing. You'll find just about everyone will declare it like this no worries.

Customs will hit you even if it says it's a gift if the value of the item is >$200 declared, been burned by it before.

Comment

thanks for the tips guys

the extreme graphics place told me they had a dealer here in australia, www.motofx.com.au but they worked out to be $440AUD dearer than buying it direct from the states,(shipping not included) then another $30 for postage from the east :shock:
                  i hope the shipping wont cost me more than $440AUD.
                  so im gonna look into it further and get an all up quote from this mob and see, i would imagine they would be aware of all the tricks for me not to pay extra duty on the stuff, ill see how i go, once i know ill run it by yas and see what happens!
                  thanks again yall,
                  Gonz.

Q:so i can get charged duty tax once it enters australia, even after paying the quoted price for delivery to my door if the box is not labeled as a gift and valued under $200AUD:?: :?:

Comment

you only pay the amt to the supplier that they charge...yes.

but customs will hit you with like: gst 10%, then duty of 15% then$40 processing fee...

Dubs

Comment

well after all that, turns out hat this mob have a dealer here in the land of OZ, i checked out there prices and near fell of my chair, it worked out to be AUD$440 dearer to buy the same shit here(not including shipping), so i figure it cant cost me that much to ship it from the states, but because this mob have a dealer here in OZ he canot sell me anything direct, how crap is that

anyways, turns out northside kawasaki are a supplier for this mob over east so ive got Ralph onto it, see how it goes now

Comment

We get ripped off big time here.

I bought a pciii and front and rear braided lines from the states and saved over $300 on local prices
                        I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

i bought some boysen reeds from the states, along with an item called a y-boot. even with shipping the total cost was $123 as opposed to $115 for the reeds ALONE here.
                          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                          X