BATTERY ROOTED?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BATTERY ROOTED?????

I went out this afternoon to give the old girl (cbr600 2000 model non fuel injected)a bit of lovin and low and bhold she's got a flat battery anyway after push starting it down the road i managed to get it going. Took off from hillarys, up towards oceanreef and joondalup keeping the revs up for about half an hour but when i got home i turned it off went to start it and its still dead.
    Do bike batteries charge up from near dead or does the lights and stuff put to much drain on them to charge properly???

CBR600 :?

Sounds like you've got a rooted battery. When your bike is running the alternator constantly charges the battery (hence your lights etc working). Since your battery is rooted it wont hold its charge when the engine is off (and the altnertor not spinning) to put it bluntly.

A new battery is ~$56 (there a sealed unit which u make up). Go buy one and your problem will be solved, you'll also notice your engine behaviour at low rpm will probably run a lot smoother than it is atm with the stuffed battery

Comment

Get your regulator/rectifier checked as well
      If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Marlows used to have a free battery/alternator check, maybe these type of stores still do it.

But yeah make sure you suss out whether it's the battery or the -alternator- (*looks at Klinks post* is a rectifier a bike alternator?).

I remember getting a new battery for my car thinking my old one was rooted, then the new one died in the arse 3 days later. Thennnn someone said it's your alternator not putting charge into your battery.
        mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

If it's been sitting awhile good chance you've dropped a cell, (if bike batterys are the same as cars?)

Supacheap auto's have feree battery testing, run it in there, pull the battery out get it tested, if it bad grab a new battery plug it back in and head home happy

Comment

thanks for the advice
            next question wheres the best place to get a battery??

CBR600

Comment

of the places i phoned(only about 3) Two wheel wreckers in Os Park were the best price for my GPX battery and the most convinient to my house was another reason i went there

Comment

Battery World have good prices, and if you buy the battery there then the salesman will fill the battery with the acid for you, so you can chuck it straight in without having to pissfart around filling the battery up yourself...... Least he did with me, but maybe thats because I tripped just walking into the store, he might have thought I would kill myself if given acid
                Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

I tripped just walking into the store, he might have thought I would kill myself if given acid
                  I think I'm begining to see a family resemblence here

Comment

Please note, if your regulator/rectifier has crapped itself you'll very soon find yourself with a nice shiny flat brand new battery.

Have it checked at your local bikeshop.
                    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

I tripped just walking into the store, he might have thought I would kill myself if given acid
                      I think I'm begining to see a family resemblence here
                      now now gordo, that is just being un..*trip*........dammit

Comment

hahahahahah

Bulbous u clown!! If chester was too much like u he woulda done that handbreaky right over the bikes out in wanneroo back then

Comment

Completely controlled that was, besides, metal on metal stops the car QUICKER, the pad material just gets in the damn way!!

Shoulda ploughed into chunkfuck tho, would have made a sexy replacement to the mazda badge
                          Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

Hi

Had the same problem I work away alot and every time i come home the battery is flat and after you charge the battery a few times it gets worse and worse. So got a new battery and one of those battery savers, plug it into the mains when you are not using it and it trickle charges the battery when it drops to lower level neva had battery problems since.. :twisted:

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

you should be able to just disconnect the battery ans store it for a few weeks at least without it going flat. It's when they are left connected and not used they die in the ass pretty quick

Comment

Working...
                              X