LOWERING A BIKE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOWERING A BIKE

Does anyone know where I can get my centre spring changed so my bike is a little lower and also the suspension changed to suit the new height. Also if any one has had it done what did it cost?

Cheers in Advance

my advice to you is dont touch it.try and make a claim with your insurance and you will be in shit.this would have to affect your policy.as soon as you lower a bike it will affect handling especially the R1.you can do it by buying lowering links which you can get in the states or get them made up here but why?you would then need to raise your forks through your triple clamps but why again?if your a shortarse like myself get used to it.im on my tippy toes when im on my bike but i put up with it as i wouldnt even contemplate lowering it to suit me.if its for the drags then go ahead and do it but put it straight back to standed when your done.you cannot get a shorter spring as this affects the stroke of the shock.the only way is lowering links or shaving the seat down but as you know on the R1 theres not much padding on there as it is.anyway thats my advice on lowering a bike.

Comment

the reason

The reason why I wnated to do it is because I am short arese like yourself, I have been told in the past that bikes use to be made in different seat heights, but aren't anymore.

Spose I can put up with it

Comment

what hieght you guy's???

Comment

Having to stand on tippy toes is a small price to pay I'd say as being built like a jockey is otherwise ideal for bike riding isn't it?

-G00f

Comment

Having to stand on tippy toes is a small price to pay I'd say as being built like a jockey is otherwise ideal for bike riding isn't it?
            I imagine it is, I'm 6'7" and I'll never find a bike built for my size. No matter what I sit on I look like a praying mantis unless I cut a VX Commodore in half, Malcolm style, and sit on top.

Could somebody knock me up a scaled up gixer-cbr-zx10-whatever, large enough for me to look like a jockey on, wrap it in a bow and leave it by the Christmas tree?

That would be soooooooooo nice, thanks.

Comment

I imagine it is, I'm 6'7\" and I'll never find a bike built for my size.
              I hear you, I'm 6'2" and would like a scaled up sports bike. Also these short arses have a weight advantage. I add over half again to my bikes weight. :-(

-G00f

Comment

yeh but being 5'7 and 60 odd kg on the back of a 900blade looks like im laying down... and it really makes it more difficult to throw the bike around... are you sure we have the advantage???
                Quote Originally Posted by GsxInShed
                So it seems there IS a command file code in windows/microsoft updater that pings small lines of to-fro data.. like a cookie to allow/refresh 'critical updates'
                It also serves as a portal for clever code writers to embed 'dormant till pinged'.....ransomware...I love tech....amidointhisrite..?

Fess up who hacked GSX's account? This post was perfectly readable in every way

Comment

Sounds like my 5'10" is about perfect then
                  Meow.

Comment

Sounds like my 5'10" is about perfect then
                    You clearley misunderstand bastett, 6'7" is spot-on perfect, it's just a shame that bikes are so small.

Comment

mmm im 5;10, 85kgs (all muscllleeee *hides the keg formally known as stomach) so sounds liek im set when the day comes i actually get a bike!! (this century) IM GOING TO OWN YOU ALLLLLLLLL till i play chicken with a tree anyway :?

mmm too much caffinee this morning....

Comment

Working...
                      X