trying to preempt problems at the pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to preempt problems at the pit

my mc19 has an aftermarket system fitted, picked it up when i was in sydney.
    the question i have is, seein as the system never came with a sticker quoting the dB level, am I likely to have any dramas with the Dept?
    also if any of you know a way i can fix a slight leak at the headers, without dodgyin it up with silicone, im not interested in doin a half ass job.....i'd be glad to hear from ya's...
    also, is there an ADR which stipulates indicator rate?....fitted lower watt indicators to the front, which has picked the speed up somewhat..

thanx in advance..

i think most aftermarket systems would pose a little problem over the pits, mine would probably have taken out the meter big time.... but does your NSR need to go over the pits? is it unregistered, or do you need to do it to transfer the rego from the eastern states? wouldn't think a two stroke exhaust would be too much louder till the top of the rev range, and they test at the lower end of the midrange, i think.... don't quote me on that though

my old boss used to have a beautiful MC19 model, went like a shower of shit too.....

Comment

mc19 is a cibby 250.....

jets kinda help her along a bit, but theres only so much ya can expect outta a 250

mind you, i think tis the perfect round town bike ....well fer me anyrate...

i bought it here in 2000, but the rego lapsed at the end of 2002....hence the impression, that it needed to be pitted......out of reg fer too long....

looks like i might have to get a stocker jus to pass..... :evil:

Comment

There is an ADR for the flash rate of indicators. There is a range allowed, and I can't remember what it is, but you should be safe if you get them to flash once per second.

Actually, I think the range might be from 2 flashes per second, to 1 flash every 3 seconds.

Comment

woops, mc18 and mc21 are the NSR.... my bad..

Comment

If your indicators flash too fast... you can easily replace the flasher relay with a relay that does not have the "blown bulb alert".

The fast flashing indicators is a function of the relay to alert you to a single blown bulb, by way of less current being drawn. You are experiencing this due to aftermarket low watt indicators.
            If you can... you MUST!

Comment

If your indicators flash too fast... you can easily replace the flasher relay with a relay that does not have the "blown bulb alert".

The fast flashing indicators is a function of the relay to alert you to a single blown bulb, by way of less current being drawn. You are experiencing this due to aftermarket low watt indicators.
              I second that.

I have 12v 15W stock indicator globes on the left and just fitted the right side with 12V 5W and as the colonel said with less resistance they flash faster. Sounds to easy to be right, right?

I have an MC 22 and I might be able to help you out with the pits problem, will send you a PM about it.

Cheers
              1, Always look good
              2, Always know what you're doing
              3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

a kind thanks to those who have posted, the info has provided a few different options i probably wouldnt have been aware of otherwise

.....dunno what to say really....apart from......thank ya's all, tis greatly appreciated~VBS

Comment

Just so you all know, I have the current ADR's in complete entirety on CD. So if you'd like me to search for any specifics, on any ADR, send me a private msg, and I'll see what I can drag up.

This applies to anything on the road, be it trucks, cars or motorcycles.
                  Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

I had to take my MC22 over the pits coz i rode my bike with no fairings on it etc and i so thought i was gonna get done for my roo pipe being excessively loud.

THe old codger even wore an open faced helmet and i thought i was screwed for the db level but he neva even mentioned it to me!! There i was always stressing bout the db level and many a cop tell me they could do me for the db level of my roo pipe and this old coldger says yer mate your good to go.

Depends on the dude ya get really! Just make ya bike look all shmick when ya go

Comment

i,ve taken about 50 bikes over the pits and just about all had aftermarket pipes on them.i have never once been told there to loud or even questioned about them.i have been to welshpool,fremantle,east perth,,and midland so i dont think you would have any problem with pipes.i have found welshpool to be the easiest guys to deal with.

Comment

I can quickly put you all at ease regarding noise tests......

CHUNK FUCK PASSED THE PITS WITH THAT POWER PIPE ON IT

So noise wise you'll probably pass even with no pipe at all

Comment

when i registered my bike, i took it in there about 10 mins b4 they closed, the guy got me to put on all the lights, one after the other, and upon seeing they all worked, took it for a spin up the block, came back, said "i think your muffler fell off, but you'll find it up the road somewhere"
                          the muffler core (my temporary home made version) had lost a bolt and the tailpipe piece on the end had fallen off.
                          he then proceded to fill out the approval form, while i put the bike on the trailer.
                          lol
                          then i drove down the road to get the piece.
                          didn't even look at anything on the bike closely, except tyres.
                          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                          X