Oil/filter change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil/filter change

Anyone fancy playing the "Let's help bastett do his first oil and filter change" game?
    Meow.

If the ZZR similar to the GPX then its easy!
    Two big bolts on bottom of engine... One empties sump, one removes oil filter!

Easy!!
    HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

So I gathered, but I know something is gonna go wrong, I'm gonna undo the wrong nut trying to get the fairings off and the engine will fall out or something

I'm gonna get some oil and a filter probably Mon arvo, probably have a stab at the change next Sat. I also want to do some other stuff like gapping the spark plugs, just basic maintainence stuff which should have been done a couple of thousand ks ago
      Meow.

Comment

Bastett I wouldn't bother regapping the plugs, It will only cost you about $7-8 to put new ones in ( as it's a bit of a pain having to remove the tank everytime you go near the plugs I'd just replace them ( you will need a deep socket or box spanner to reach them).16mm I think.

When buying your new oil and filter make sure you get a new o ring for the filter cover and a new crush washer for the drain plug.
        You don't need to remove the fairings to change the oil or filter but you will have to remove the tank if you chainging the spark plugs (also your air filter is in there too ).
        When refitting your oil filter cover be carefull not to rip the new o ring ( you can use a little grease to help hold it in place ( and if the o ring appears to large try putting it in the fridge for a while.

Oh and remember to drain the oil before undoing the filter cover !!

good luck

Comment

Thanks Gordo, useful stuff!
          Meow.

Comment

Oh and remember to drain the oil before undoing the filter cover !!
            I found that one out the hard way... Messy!
            HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Yeah, I did the same thing when changing the oil on a mates DedzedR2fiddy. Drained the oil, then pulled the oil filter out, and dumped hot oil all over my hands...

You sure about not having to remove fairings gordo? Doesn't the zzr250 have a bellypan?
              Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

You sure about not having to remove fairings gordo? Doesn't the zzr250 have a bellypan?
                Nah, there's a good sized hole right under there where the drain and filter are. Don't have to touch the fairings.

Comment

I'M NEVER WRONG

Well except for everytime that I am wrong

Comment

Gotta pull off the fairings anyway to get to the sparkies, which I'm planning on replacing
                    Meow.

Comment

Gotta pull off the fairings anyway to get to the sparkies, which I'm planning on replacing
                      You only have to remove the petrol tank to change the plugs they are situated slap bang on the top directly under the tank..

No need to remove the fairings to, change the oil,remove the tank or the spark plugs.

Comment

That makes it all easier then
                        Meow.

Comment

Working...
                        X