Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't Perth bikers acknowledge each other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't Perth bikers acknowledge each other?

Is it just me or are there a lot of motorcycle riders in Perth who do not acknowledge fellow riders whilst on the road? I started riding 17 years ago in Sydney and the first thing I noticed was that everytime I passed another rider I got a nod. I've lived and ridden in Perth for the last 14 years and I'm constantly surprised at the lack of acknowledgement from other riders.
    What's going on guys??? we are a minority and constantly under attack from every do-gooder cage driving maniac out there, Let's show some unity and some respect for one another, next time you pass a fellow rider on the road give him or her a nod . . . . let's stick together.

PS. If you do give the nod to fellow riders (and there are some) please don't take this message personally.

99% of the time I get a nod from the big bore sports bike riders.

Scooters ignore me though, as do the cruisers, bmw's and those older blokes on the tourers.

Guess you cant win em all

Comment

well that is true but i find that most of the bikes that i pass nod to me it is ducati riders that never nod back- it is a big thing when someone on a ducati nods back it must have something to do with the bike -

Comment

My question is, why do you feel the need to be acknowledged because you are on a bike?

I'm all for saying gday... so I often give a wave etc.
        If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Some of the biggest fuckheads I know ride bikes, so I wouldn't feel THAT honoured to be in the same 'club' as them. Having said that though, I do acknowledge everyone I see.
          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

I never consciencely decline to nod.

But every now and then I've realised that I was either:
            a) Too busy keeping my eyes on the freaky cages or
            Too busy having a perv
            that I didn't nod back to someone. :roll:
            sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah I know some tossers who ride too . . . . . I guess it just adds to the enjoyment of riding, knowing that the guy (or girl) who just passed you even though you've never met while all around the cage drivers are running into each other and abusing each other.

Comment

I usually give a wave or salute to ANYONE on motorised two wheels. Scooters, 2fiddies, deadcatis, sporties, barleys, anything. You can always tell when someone gives you the, "howyagoin'cobba" wink, coz their helmet tilts a little sideways. You know the wink.... Its a totally different head action to the nod. I find it funny.

I'm more often ignored than acknowledged, but I'll say one thing. |-|arley riders *never* ever nodback. Ever.

I guess they must think I'm a sell-out or something. Carefactor nil, goatee totin', tight black jeans wearing, flannel shirt sportin, rayban wearin', boiler pillion haulin', Johnnie Reb boot stompin', wouldn't know a corner at speed if it slapped them in the face Bikie-gang wannabes.
                Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention "sister-bangin'" Insert that randomly into my previous post somewhere. It's all good.
                  Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

I try to nod most of the time but if I havent I'm sorry but it was probably for the same reasons outlined by my good friend dugy
                    Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

Same as the others try most of the time...... :twisted:

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

99% of the time I get a nod from the big bore sports bike riders.

Scooters ignore me though, as do the cruisers, bmw's and those older blokes on the tourers.

Guess you cant win em all
                        +1, and I agree with the thing about duc riders, never get a nod from them.

A Harley rider said "How ya goin" to me at the lights the other day, that was kinda cool. His bike was farkin loud tho :o

Comment

&quot;Helmet Tap&quot;

I nod as much as I can. Especially at the lights when lane splitting, doesnt matter what bike i see.

Another one that I do is the "helmet tap" when there are cops nearby. Ive dont this to a few riders but I am sure not many know what it means.

So next time u spot Mr Plod up the road and see another bike coming make sure you give them the "helmet tap".

Matt

Comment

when i 1st started riding this year i loved the nods i got from fellow riders. 2day however suz and i were out and about and boy did i feel like a dickhead when i didn't get a nod back! this one guy we pulled up to at the lights and he just stared straight ahead! Quite disappointing. I think its a great pact to have, when do u ever drive ur car and ever get acknowledged? I think it shows good sportmanship.

Comment

I ALLWAYS give the nod unless i cant or havent seen u but dont get many bk i find that funny u go out the way to nod but they cant
                              '''''But most Riders Nod Bk, The Gd Ones''''''

Brendan
                              Your Life Expectancy Is Directly Related To Your Right Wrist!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X