Bead blasters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bead blasters

Can anyone recommend a place in Perth who does bead blasting? Glass bead blasting on aluminium seems to give a *very* nice finish so looking to have it done on my cylinders... Yellowpages online doesnt seem to be helping me much...

Mmmm nice finish....
    http://easypichost.com/honkdawillydahonk/T...252BENGINE2.JPG

hi mate.
    you'd be from the yamaha-rd.com forum then wouldn't you
    i'm still looking for someone, as i was to have my whole engine bead blasted.
    just done know if i can be bothered stripping it down
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Yer mate that would be me
      Time for the top end to come off mine (rooted powervalves) so figured I may as well get it looking nice while it is off.

Comment

Haha!! Mines been waiting 2 years for me to fix the powervalve seals. I have the parts and everything.

Can't be fuggedarryasladdavathing.

If I had the time, patience and inclination, I'm sure mine could be a top bike. Alas, I'm too bone lazy.

...As in, I'd rather be boning some bird.
        Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Yer mine were completely rooted. Not just the seals but the valves as well. I did a mega-dodgy fix on it though. Just bought some quicksteel and used it to block up the valves altogether....

Just incase anyone else wanted to know... It looks like not many places do glass bead blasting. The only place I could find who does it out of the 5 or 6 I called was SANDBLASTING SERVICES W.A. in Osborne Park.

I will be going there later next week.... Will post the results when I get it done.

Comment

lol. kris mate i had no idea it was you. lol.
            i've come accross a couple in maddington.
            but i haven't gotten around to it yet, and dont want to strip the motor so i can have it blasted, so i'm going to give the old paint stripper a go first

Comment

Sorry to bring up a old thread.. but im curious about ya results and the cost looking at doing my exhast headers..

Comment

Haha no worries Deza.

After making that thread I was raped by Mr Plod one night who left a shiny yellow sticker on my poor old girl. That was nothing compared to the utter fuck wits at the warwick vehicle inspection place though. Talk about getting reamed sideways with no lube.

The super dodgy repairs I had to do to get the yellow licka off the bike drained my funds and any enthusiasm I had at the time.

Soon after I suffered from an extreme case of Ninja-itis and a new green baby was introduced into the garage. I am ashamed to say since then the poor RZ has been mostly neglected.

I will go ahead with it eventually as soon as I stop spending money on the Ninja. When I finally get it done (sometime this year hopefully ) I will post the results.

Comment

Originally posted by rz350@Apr 7 2005, 01:48 AM
                  Haha no worries Deza.   

After making that thread I was raped by Mr Plod one night who left a shiny yellow sticker on my poor old girl. That was nothing compared to the utter fuck wits at the warwick vehicle inspection place though. Talk about getting reamed sideways with no lube.

The super dodgy repairs I had to do to get the yellow licka off the bike drained my funds  and any enthusiasm I had at the time.

[snapback]107013[/snapback]
                  there is ya problem warick dont ever go there again
                  RIP Scott!
                  RIP Onikage!
                  RIP ODDZ!

Comment

heeh thats cool m8 was just intrested.. well if i get mine done before you ill post the info too... also anyone know much about piant that one would use on a exahaust (high temp paint)???

Comment

how about pot belly black. it's a matt black for use on ....pot belly's
                      lol
                      i've got a can for my expansion chambers, but I dont know if i'll end up using it (if i can get some stainless ones made.

still have to organise and catch up with you some time Kris to take those measurements for me to copy

deza - why do you want to bead blast your headers?

Comment

Originally posted by sathid@Apr 7 2005, 07:11 AM
                        how about pot belly black. it's a matt black for use on ....pot belly's
                        lol
                        i've got a can for my expansion chambers, but I dont know if i'll end up using it (if i can get some stainless ones made.

still have to organise and catch up with you some time Kris to take those measurements for me to copy

deza - why do you want to bead blast your headers?
                        [snapback]107205[/snapback]
                        well if its cheap like it is in the eastern state
                        thiers a few things down the track id like to do it too
                        with the headers its wet sand the thing or beadblast it before painting .. gota double check thou if headers is the actuall name for what im talking about( pipes leading from engine to exhaust pipe)

Comment

pot belly paint will not work... a pot belly does not get as hot as an exhaust....
                          u will need some VHT flame proof paint i think it 1100deg C
                          or some caliper paint
                          RIP Scott!
                          RIP Onikage!
                          RIP ODDZ!

Comment

Pot-Belly Black does work on headers, used to have it on my Katana's headers, also sprayed the engine with it after cleaning all the dirt/grime/oil off, and it is still there, has never pealed.

It will discolour slightly with a bit of oil though. Remember it will smoke a bit at first after you use it, until some of the chemicals get cooked.

A point on bead blasting, don't use it for everything, as it will dent and pit some metals, had it used by mistake on my Katana's frame, had to do a LOT of work to get a nice smooth finish before respray. Should have used sand blasting to give it a finer finish (either that or the bead was too big???)
                            Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphen@Apr 8 2005, 07:58 AM
                              Pot-Belly Black does work on headers, used to have it on my Katana's headers, also sprayed the engine with it after cleaning all the dirt/grime/oil off, and it is still there, has never pealed.

It will discolour slightly with a bit of oil though. Remember it will smoke a bit at first after you use it, until some of the chemicals get cooked.

A point on bead blasting, don't use it for everything, as it will dent and pit some metals, had it used by mistake on my Katana's frame, had to do a LOT of work to get a nice smooth finish before respray. Should have used sand blasting to give it a finer finish (either that or the bead was too big???)
                              [snapback]107385[/snapback]

mm would of thought it now work, oh well we learn everyday hey!

yes i would pressume teh bead was to big if it left pits on the frame
                              RIP Scott!
                              RIP Onikage!
                              RIP ODDZ!

Comment

Working...
                              X