Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno Time.. How did you go?

Hiyas,

Well I finally finished my bike mechanically when Russell at Dyno Time dialled in my PC3r for the pipe and Air fliter. Its now running better then ever and I finally know my rear wheel ponies. I managed to get 156hp on the rear wheel without ram air *grin* which is apparently the second highest K1 he has seen (Apart from a full race bike which beat me by 1hp).

Just wondering how others went on his dyno? Anyone taken a K3/K4 down there? Any new CBR's or R1's been there yet?

Anyways i've got a grin from ear to ear so hopefully I'll see yas at the next ride.
    Will you insure me?!

my K1 was 150hp with a full system on it.my 02 R1 was 134hp with a pipe.my 04 R1 was 154 with 1000 km,s on it and i had it dynoed last week with 2000km,s on it and its 158hp.i put a full system on it and got rid of the exup valve and catalatic converter last friday so expect more,around 2-4hp.thats more than enough power for any bike :roll:

Comment

Just got back from there, stock ZX10R (1200kms) 148hp at 12000rpm, stayed around there for about 500rpm, torque 69ftlb 10200rpm, was actually hovering around 68 mark from 8100 to 11100 rpm.

Comment

I think I will stay well away from this topic
        Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

had my CBR600rr out there last week getting mapped and the bike was putting out 105.5hp with a micron slip on and nothing else, that was with 250km on the bike , will loosen up a bit and might get a few more ponies but not to many ! still managed a 63 around waneroo , so that's enough to keep me happy !

Comment

I have done a full report on my K2 which I will pull out of the archives.

I will be dynoing the Yami next week provided the Akrapovics arrive on time and will stick up the results.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Wow, mine faired better then I expected. In my hearts of hearts I was hoping to reach that magical 160hp mark as all the 04's are touted to reach. Oh well the K1 still does aight with 25000kms on her clock... Hopefully I can now rationalise not upgrading to one of these new sexy arse toys. But yeah very impressed with Russells work, fixed a few spots on my torque curve nicley
              Will you insure me?!

Comment

ZX10R pulled 159.8 on Spinks dyno without ram air. 3/4 Akrapovic slip on & PCIII fitted, new filter on the way. Incidently the same as Russel Nash's 04 R1 racebike.

Comment

ZX10R pulled 159.8 on Spinks dyno without ram air. 3/4 Akrapovic slip on & PCIII fitted, new filter on the way. Incidently the same as Russel Nash's 04 R1 racebike.
                  is that comparitive on power to weight ?
                  Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Did you do a before mods dyno? and who is spinks?

Comment

all dynos are different, you can only make a comparison of different bikes on the same dyno the same day (atmospheric changes can effect the result).

Its all wank anyway as you cant use that power on the road.
                      I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

all dynos are different, you can only make a comparison of different bikes on the same dyno the same day (atmospheric changes can effect the result).

Its all wank anyway as you cant use that power on the road.

thats exactly right the only time it will matter is if your in a straight line neck and neck but that is not that often or at the track.at last weeks private practice i came out of the basin with another rider steve mitchell (04 R1).we where both flat out coming over the crest of the main straight with front wheels airborn,strett cull (04 R1)came past us on the back wheel as though we were on a 600 :twisted: i would think his bike has 170+hp.

Comment

Alot of it comes from corner speed and what you can carry into the straight. Earlier on in the season I pulled past Madmax on his 954 coming out of the basin and over the hill, his 954 had 140hp and my 600f4 had 93hp, I had a better run through the corner and it paid off.
                          Not to many riders can use the horsepower they have, so yeah i also think it's a load of wank, and if anyone thinks different then i think they should head out to the track with a 250gp bike that has 55hp and watch it pull away in the distance as you try to keep up with it.

Comment

Heres a good write up on Dynos for those that are interested

http://www.rc51.org/dynotuning.htm
                            I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

[SIZE=2]</span>Results

CBR=156
                              GSX-R=153
                              Both at DYNO TIME

Comment

Working...
                              X