Bike Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Insurance

I know this has been covered in recent threads a few months ago but I wanted to have another look. Just rang Western QBE re a quote for my potential future bike next Feb and crikey was I shocked.

For a CBR1000RR under a 21 yr old they wanted $4500 full compo or $2300 3rd party.

Does anyone have Swan Insurance's website or email address? RAC emailed back saying they generally wouldnt insure anyone under 25 riding above a 500cc motorbike.

Would anyone know what a new CBR600RR would be like? I havent any No claim bonus, but my dad has an open class licence with 60% no claim bonus i think - could put it under his name. But Western QBE said they take the youngest age of any riders on the policy.

CHeers guys

Nicko....*sigh*

Reckless Driving, fail to stop, etc, and you're under 21. Now you want to step onto a CBR1000RR.

Please dont. We'd prefer that you live just a little longer, and I'd prefer my insurance premiums didn't go up again.

Try an older lower HP bike and learn how to ride first, then you can have the big toys.

Comment

The best advice I can give you is get a 600.. Your insurance will still be a killer but its a better move financially, one I wish I had made being in the same position a few months back. I'm not sure exactly what you will pay for a 600, Ace might be able to give you a good idea as I believe he will be in a similar situation this week.

At least (if you have not already) take both for a ride, In my opinion a 600 is alot more exciting to ride (minus a little the big torque rush), Hell I even found the 2500rr more exciting to ride the other week than my R1 out in the country. In the end, it all comes down to the rider, its an annoying lesson to learn but It really does sting when your out there getting passed by 600's and gulp..even 250's.

So, save a bit of money, live a little longer, have just as much, if not more fun, Its win win..

Oh, and start building an insurance (no claim bonus) history now, even if its on your parents policy, even if its just a year it will help when it comes time.

Comment

$4500 a year??? :shock: :shock:

Thats almost twice the amount i pay for my bike a year. :?
        Maybe instead of insurence get three bikes
        3rd party is a good idea though.

I only ride fast enough so the volvos can still ova take me, and the grannies yell "HURRY THE F*@K UP!!" :roll:

Comment

This is the only time I'm glad I'm OLD :shock:
          Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Im gonna go one step further and say go for a older model. Stay away from brand new bikes until u can afford them. relax a bit take your time you dont have to have the best straight up.

man there are plenty of homeless mid to late 90's 600's out there. give them a chance.

Comment

As the boys say, go the 6 hunjy. Then u can live long enuf to own a litre bike later.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

THat insurance price Western QBE quoted had nothing to do with my charges. It was simply coz of my age and capacity of the bike i wanted.

Loss of licence etc would only affect my excess claim.

To be honest I really only want the insurance in case of theft.

CBR600RR looks the way

Comment

Fuckn Hell Nicko, at this rate, for you:

Indi500 12speed racer looks the way...

Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Western QBE quoted me $3800 for the 04 600rr without any NCB and I am 23 :shock: I actually went through swann which were a little nicer and with the new bikes they come fitted with immobolisers which should take $50 if not $100 of the premium and if you are the only rider then thats another 10% off.....
                    1, Always look good
                    2, Always know what you're doing
                    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Have you tried SGIO? I got mega discount from them. I am 22 and I got 65 NCB and paying 600 fully comp for a year for my cbr250rr and the next cheapest was rac with 1100 and Western QBE wanted 1800 from memory.

Comment

Western QBE quoted me $3800 for the 04 600rr without any NCB and I am 23 :shock: I actually went through swann which were a little nicer and with the new bikes they come fitted with immobolisers which should take $50 if not $100 of the premium and if you are the only rider then thats another 10% off.....

what u pay through swann bro? i paid $1700 fo my 600RR with 0 no claim lost liscence and smashed my 250 6 months earlier. mind you it was their error. they still have me on a rating 1 :shock: even after i told them i bent my 250 whuch was insured with them 6 months earlier.

25 next year. bring on the savings!

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

The big discounts don't happen till your 30 years old now. Used to be 25, so don't do any happy dance just yet.

Comment

I was quoted for swan insruance for a 2004 CBR600RR $3600 full compo and $2400 for 3rd party, theft and fire.

Unless i can get on me old mans insurance policy (he has rating 1) they wont be able to help me out. If i can scam that then they said i'd be lookin at around $2000 for a CBR600 and around $2500 for a CBR1000

Thats why we have savings budgets

Comment

Working...
                            X