ZX 10R FRONT WHEEL RECALL?????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZX 10R FRONT WHEEL RECALL?????????

i read this a few days ago and it looks like its for real :shock: europe and the states have recalled all ZX10R front rims as there has been 3 cases of the front rims being fractured.something supposedly went wrong in the casting :? id expect it to hit australia soon.not a good thing for kawasaki as im sure the sales have been good and now this :cry: id be backing of on those wheelstands until the wheel is replaced

that can't be good :?
    1, Always look good
    2, Always know what you're doing
    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Yay a free front tyre! :twisted:

Comment

Yay a free front tyre! :twisted:
        did you read the post :? FRONT RIM,if you get a tyre out of it,ask for one for me as well :shock:

Comment

damn what a shame. That's gonna put a dent in sales for kawasaki as soon as the word is out.
          ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
          FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

Nearly every new model bike over the past 5 or so years has been recalled :oops: The old saying goes "don't buy the first run of a new model, wait untill all teething problems have been sorted out". :idea:

Comment

The CBR1KRR was "recalled" in the states as it had a faulty speedo (read 20 mph under actual)

At least they recall them and fix the issue.
              I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

unlike mitsubishi....
                lol. who do now luckily, but i think it was pre 96, they just "hid" the faults
                No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

the company that makes the wheels for Kawasaki is also the company that makes the wheels for Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki. so yes this is not good, but the fault may not be a direct fault of Kawasaki. as i also work for a Kawasaki dealer there has not been a recall in Australia yet for this problem so we can only hope it was a batch of bad rims that only went on to the models for Europe and the USA not australia.
                  <span style="font-family:Arial Black">www.causewaykawasaki.com.au
                  ph ralph or helen on 93623266</span>

Comment

always knew those kwakka were bad news....*hides*
                    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

the company that makes the wheels for Kawasaki is also the company that makes the wheels for Yamaha, Honda and Suzuki. so yes this is not good, but the fault may not be a direct fault of Kawasaki. as i also work for a Kawasaki dealer there has not been a recall in Australia yet for this problem so we can only hope it was a batch of bad rims that only went on to the models for Europe and the USA not australia.
                      It should'nt take long if it involves Australia do you think?

Comment

kawasaki heavy industries has officially made a recall on the front rim of the ZX10R http://mcnews.com.au/

still shouldnt be a problem for the ZX10R sales i think the power and handling will outway the front rim recall.

Comment

They don't use the front wheel anyway so whats the problem?

Oh yeaa that really really boring CBR1KRR won the Suzuka endurance.

Obviously the site of it circulating effortlessly around the circuit, lap after lap put all the other participants to sleep.
                          I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Well i got a honda ... And its the last made batch 12/03 .... So hopefully the bugs are fixed in mine ... Shame about the 10 ...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
                            Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                            Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

They don't use the front wheel anyway so whats the problem?

Oh yeaa that really really boring CBR1KRR won the Suzuka endurance.

Obviously the site of it circulating effortlessly around the circuit, lap after lap put all the other participants to sleep.
                              Word.

As for the recall, an hour and a half in and out, new front rim. Was chatting to Chris Hsi @ Mack1 today.

Hardly a big phuckin' deal. Kudos to Kawasaki tho, this'll cost them some big bux.

If this is the biggest issue I encounter with the 10, you still can't wipe the grin off my face. 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X