X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scooter Under $2000 VS Road Trail bike under $2000

delima...

New scooter or old RT.

Just need to get me around uni and work.
    money is tight too...

anyone willing to comment? :roll:
    anyone knows much about variety of scooters and RT bikes?

cheers
    Glue

RT, coz then you can cut across the grass and avoid some of the uni-traffic jams.
    sigpic

Comment

Fuck the scooter!! :roll:

Comment

*gives the one finger salute to the scooter idea* scooters are a load of wank
        "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

Buy a vinnie

Comment

Personally i would choose an older road trail bike.

I have always wanted to do some dirt riding and many people say it is a great way to gain experience for road riding. Although the RT bike might not be as good in the dirt as a mx bike, it will certainly perform better than a zoom in the dirt

Not particularly sure of the maintenance costs of scooters so can't really comment there apart from the fact they use stuff all fuel.

How far do you have to travel to uni? might get annoying having to fill up every 1 or two days riding an RT bike but again that depends on your circumstances.

As dugy said, on a RT you can go cross country when needed too that has to be a bonus.

Comment

I cant believe you would even consider riding a scooter enough to ask another human being what they thought.... :twisted:

Comment

thanks for comments... LOL I was expected ppl to hate scooters...

well I have to journy from city to murdoch. Good old days it only took me 20 minutes in skyline cage.cost me dearly insurance+ fuel..etc.

ppl @ work now rides in scooter say cost nothing to travel +rego & good in traffic.
                I can afford
                Monza - from http://www.vmoto.com.au
                Yamaha - dont know name...

both cost same around $2000 + ORC

but I haven't got faintest Idea how to choose road trail bikes... anyone? recomend one?

BTW I do have R-E licence... Just wating to get R so I can buy big bike when I have money.

cheers
                Glue

Comment

Personally id get the trailie so u can play with it after
                  though if u brought a scoot, u could trade it in on a bike.. and maybe get 3/4 of ur cash back..

hmm decissions, honestly could u stand a scoot after riding?

Comment

Something like an old XR250 or an XL250 would do the trick, 4 stroke, easy to fix if they go bang, and cheap to run. They came wiv 5 spd box so at least you would be able to keep up with the traffic on one.

Then when you have enough $$$ to buy a road bike you can hang onto the chook chaser as your weekend paddy basher!!

Comment

Anyway you should be able to get an old clunker of a GPX250 for about 2 grand anyway.

Bird I knew bought an 89 model for 1300bux and all it needed was registering and some creative remodelling here and there after that it was sweet as! And that was with 80,000ks on it!

Here is one on bikepoint for $1900!!
                      http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDef...ias=bikepointau

Comment

Anyway you should be able to get an old clunker of a GPX250 for about 2 grand anyway.

Bird I knew bought an 89 model for 1300bux and all it needed was registering and some creative remodelling here and there after that it was sweet as! And that was with 80,000ks on it!

Here is one on bikepoint for $1900!!
                        http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDef...ias=bikepointau
                        I knew a guy who picked up a ZZR cheap and only needed registering...
                        then he done some of that creative modelling u speak of... but he used tarmac as a brush to his canvas

Comment

Re : RT or Scooter

I have owned numerous XL's from 250 to 600 and even a Dominator. They are hard to go past. My XL250R '85 went like stink with a top speed around 150km/h, it would pull wheelstands in 2nd and was cheap to run. Only downfall, it's a kickstart, but always started on 3rd kick (if it didn't shoot your knee into the handlebars on the kickback).
                          Stay Upright

Comment

Scooter. Only way to travel....well..... thats if you dont have an M3 in the garage.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

@ the scooter!! & @ the trail bike

Comment

Working...
                              X