Newbie.... HI!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie.... HI!

Hello all, my name's Nathan. New rider, just finishing up my lessons with Alert M/C School (best guys ever, John is a legend!) and have my test in 2 weeks time.

riding is the most fun i've ever had, used to ride dirt bikes so just adjusting to road riding is all i'm really doing and having a ball.

probably gonna get a Kawa ZZR-250 when i buy my bike, i love the look and styling of them, best 250cc bike around i think (well, apart from an Aprilla RS250, but i ain't got $18k to spend on my first bike!!).

great site, Nigel got me to sign up from the Kawiforums.com site. hope to stick around and make some good riding friends.

nathan

Hey dude, welcome to the forums

The zzr's are great first bikes.

I dont know what rs250's you are thinking of, but most are $12,850 BRAND NEW.

http://www.redbook.com.au/MCycle/price.asp...=APRI04AB&cyc=y

Se-ya round, good luck with your test

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Comment

LOL, yeah maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but i'm sure you knew what i mean!

Comment

Welcome along
        It'll be good to see you out there when you get your bike.

Nothing against your choice in bikes....even if it is a kawasaki.... but i still prefer my baby blade.

Go Honda!!
        I had a vision of my reality once... then turned my back and walked away.

Comment

Maybe he was including insurance
          Good luck with your test mate.

Comment

Gday The Sage and welcome to the forums.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I here the cbr250's run alright too

BTW welcome aboard the Jollie Roger, just watch out for the odd fartley rider we have around the gallows..... arrrrr shiver me timbers
              1, Always look good
              2, Always know what you're doing
              3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

welcome dude to the forum. Went for my first group ride myself last saturday (7th)....was great. Great bunch of people.

Good luck with your first bike being the zzr250 im sure it will do u a treat

Comment

howdy

Comment

Good luck with your tests man. Welcome to the forum. Hey my first bike was a ZZR250 also. I guess you can keep a lookout for the next ride someone organizes. Your kawasaki zzr250 will blend in nicely with the rest of us.

cheers
                    ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                    FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

I find it oddly unsettling when newbies post "hello" and everyone goes, "hey how are you doing?" politely.

I'm so used to the newbies getting replies along the lines of "stfu n00b" in forums...

Wierd, wonderful, but yeah, oddly unsettling.

So with that, I shall try to align myself to this new mindset by saying, "yo 'tard."

Er... I mean, "Hey dude, welcome aboard."
                      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Nobody likes Ferris very much Sage.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

great to have you along good luck with your license test and hope to see you on a group ride some time soon
                          oh yeah zzr250 nice choice and as for the rs250 GO TWO STROKE POWER!!

Comment

yeah, wasn't sure what the reaction would be! i was expecting stuff like...

but i guess you're all a lot more polite that that!!

whoever mentioned the cbr -> they're nice, but a) i don't want a supersports/racing style bike like CBR250RR's, i like sports/sports touring; and they're a tad small. I'm 6'2" and a smidge, and about 100kgs, so i need a decent sized bike to be comfy and not to look like a tool. the zzr250's have that nice 'big bike' look and feel, i'm not too tall for it and my long legs fit to the tank pretty well.

Comment

Welcome to PSB ...

Good luck with ur test .. Hopefully see you out and about soon
                              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Working...
                              X