Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRONT LICENCE PLATES?????????

Hey guys/gals,

Has anyone heard anything about them introducing the front licence plates??? If so how are they gonna do it with all the different styles/fairings. When have they got it planned to introduce this??

I know singapore has had it in for years?? They all have full fairings and they use stickers on the front.

P.S If it is brought in, would this deter people from riding???

cheers
    ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
    FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Re: FRONT LICENCE PLATES?????????

P.S If it is brought in, would this deter people from riding???
    if it 'deters' you from riding, then breaking the speed limit must be part of your mentality, or you go riding TO break the speed limit. if you're riding for a nice cruise, commuting or popping down the shop, it shouldn't be any different than taking your cage.

Comment

Wouldn't stop me riding. I'd just find a way to obscure it as required.

Breaking the speed limit is not "part of my mentality" riding at a safe speed to suit the conditions is.
      If that happens to differ from the posted limit well so be it.
      sigpic

Comment

I agree with Dugy,
        Speed limits are determined buy old fosils who remember have to follow the guy with the red flag !!
        When they move into modern time then maybe I'll have some respect for there dictated regulations.

Is there anyone who rides a bike can say they have never broken the speed limit ???

It is just about impossible to ride without going over the limit on just about every journey. The only time I could say I don't fracture the speed limit is when I'm sitting at lights or stuck behind a cop ( but hopefully when there heading to a donut shop they'll go faster )

Front number plate will put alot of people off as will rear picture speed cameras....

Still if this shit does come in, it will give everyone a place to stick there parking permits :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

I hope they don't dring that law in. How can they stick a big ugly sticker on my baby. What type of person would bring in such a law like this, How would they like it if I stuck a big ugly sticker on their face!

A law is only a law if the majority obeys it... if the law was introduced and we all ripped the stickers off, after some time and a sh%t load of fines they would have to deminish the law......in theory.....passes the buck to someone who actually knows a bit about law..................

Seriously..... is the only reason for wanting to bring these front licence plates in because of multinovas? What the govenment would rather fu%k up our bikes, than spend more tax dollars on rear facing multinovas?

Comment

the government only gives a shit about the money they can extract from you and your bike, they couldn't give a rats arse about the cosmetics of it :evil:

Comment

When they bring in rear picture taking speed camera's (If they haven't already), there would be no need for front number plates... :? Yes?

Comment

look, when i said that comment above, maybe it wasn't worded greatly. what i meant is that if having a license sticker on the front would stop you riding you obviously have issues with your riding style.

i break the limit even on my L plates, it happens. i'm not saying i don't or wont, but it's not an issue. if i get busted i get busted, i accept that. besides, if you're flogging it along at 150+ on the freeway, you're just as likely to be busted by a cop car or cop bike than a camera and they don't care for front stickers!!

all i meant was we accept the consequences of speeding. if you can't, then maybe you shouldn't be riding in the first place.

Comment

Sage

I totally agree with you. Riding a motorcycle is a priviledge and its not very hard to abuse that. I can honestly say that even when I just cruise around the street with my mates. Before I know it, I am doing 15-20 km over the limit. The reason why I asked that question is because I have found a lot of my students have said to me one of the reasons why they want to learn how to ride a motorcycle is becuase they a fed up of being caught speeding by the cameras.

My only reply to that is, you are then riding for the wrong reasons. I guess even if they did bring in this law, it will deter some people but on the bright side, with petrol increasing the way it is. Everyone will want to learn how to ride a m/c.

Comment

They are turning the camera's around supposedly in september, and were only going to do front plates if the camera's were going to stay as they are.

Comment

i agree with NOT checking motorbikes by camera because:

we're taught generally not to continually look down at our speedos like we do in a cage. it's WAY more dangerous to take our eyes off the road & traffic on a bike, so we learn to ride by feeling the engine rpm's and sound.

that's not 100% accurate, and since cameras hit ya for 5kms and over, bikes driving SAFELY at say 66kms due to keeping eye on the road shouldn't be penalised like a cage.

however, idiots doing 130+ in a 50/60 or school zone etc SHOULD be, since that's dangerous to the max.

my 2 cents.

Comment

The Sage

You say : we're taught generally not to continually look down at our speedos like we do in a cage. it's WAY more dangerous to take our eyes off the road & traffic on a bike, so we learn to ride by feeling the engine rpm's and sound.

Which motorcycle instructor taught you that????

I certainly don't teach my students that. Yes you do listen to the revs but that is only an indication whether your in the wrong gear or not. Number one is to keep your eyes on the road and also 3 main things to continually check whilst riding. Your speedo, indicators and mirrors for whats around you. I guess if you follow that generally your playing it safe.

Like I was saying before, how many times have we just cruised on our bikes not realising that you are actually over the limit????? And that is not looking at the speedo.

Comment

Is there anyone who rides a bike can say they have never broken the speed limit ???  
                          I have never broken the speed limit. It is there for a reason and many many factors and scientific evidence have gone into the creation of these limitations.
                          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

I have never broken the speed limit. It is there for a reason and many many factors and scientific evidence have gone into the creation of these limitations.
                            Oh that's right, I remember we were all chatting about that when were round at Grant Dorrington's for diner

Comment

Me either. why would we ever speed. really i prefer LSD to speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X