Tyre Pressure Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pressure Gauge

I bought a cheap analogue tyre pressure gauge from super cheap auto a few weeks back, never trused it, gave different readings all the time.

I bought a $20 digital one today from Jaycar, which claims to be accurate to within 0.5 psi. If it's readings are accurate, my tires are down between 5 and 10 psi!! So either it isn't accurate or the one at BP is off.

I wonder who to trust?

What's better/worse for tyres/handling, too low or too high pressure?
    Meow.

Get a mechanic (or mate) with a reliable one to compare the readings from the two... then you'll know. B-)

Find out the correct pressures for your tyres, and use them... Correct pressure will increase the handling of ya bike and be a lot safer...

Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

The computerised ones at BP are pretty damn accurate.

Comment

dude... want a accurate one... come to see me at DSE claremont (301 Stirling Hwy), we sell some pretty good ones... (cheaper than jaycar too) bring your old one and we can compare... i work this week tuesday till saturday!!!
        tba.....

Comment

Iv'e got a digital one that gives a really accurate reading. If your unsure just go to an electronic pressure pump at BP and test the reading straight away and compare it.
          ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
          FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

Hey Jono,

So any special discounts for the PSB crew if we shop at DSE ?????????

Comment

since we are owned by woolies... we gotta stick to their standards procedures...
              tba.....

Comment

Of course there can be. If I need something I'll pop and see you.

cheers

Comment

So the general consensus is that BP is accurate, funny I bought the handheld because I didn't trust BP

I'll go check it out, thanks
                  Meow.

Comment

Buy 20 of them, use them all and average out the readings. Simple!

Comment

Working...
                    X