Moto X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moto X

Went to my first moto cross meet on sunday, and was very impressed, in fact, that impressed i am now looking for a motoX bike, to start racing! :twisted:

I have no idea what makes and models are good/crap when comes to motoX so i need some help!

What would be a good bike to start on? I am only looking around the $4000 - $5000 mark to start with.

Cheers

Shane
    If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Yeah I lurve my dirt as much as road riding, its loads of fun.

What category do you wanna race in? 125 or 250? You could probably get a very good late model CR250 or YZ250 in your price range.

I personally am a fan of Suzuk dirt bashers, especially the RMs, but are a little bit heavier with the steel tube frame, but are very strong and reliable.

Comment

Not sure of class, prob want to race 250's (being 100kg's), but open to suggestions, i had never even thought i riding motoX until i saw it sunday.

Which class is more competitive? Or are they much the same? I only wanna have a bash around the track, and race against others the same. Looks awsome fun!

I was after a 4 stroke as well, dont want all the hassels of two stroke engines.
      If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

CR450F CR250F YZ426F YZ250F KX250F are all four stroke motox bikes.

250 four strokes run the the same catergory as the 2 stroke 125's and the 450's against the 250 2 strokes.

I would choose either honda or yamaha, because the kawasaki 4 stroke is in its first year of production and have a little problem with over heating, next years 2005 modle should be better.

If you havent riding many dirt bikes its a lot different than a road bike, hit the pines before the track

Comment

Yeah I would be inclined to get some trail riding under your belt first before hitting the track...coz it isnt as easy as it looks!

Get yourself a 2nd hand WR400, theyre street legal and when you are ready to go racing you can strip all the road stuff off, put a pipe on, cut the baffles out of the airbox, and you're set.

Comment

Where bouts in perth can you take your bike for a flog around the 'pines' or something. Waneroo and the sorts i guess??

Yeah i plan to get a bit of experience first, get used to the bike lada lada lada. Really looking forward to it though!

SO MUCH TO DO!! SO LITTLE TIME!!

Comment

Gnangara Pine plantation (north of river) is popular. Just watch out for the ever present idiots around there...
              Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Where bouts in perth can you take your bike for a flog around the 'pines' or something. Waneroo and the sorts i guess??
                As you head upto Barbagello Race track just before you enter the gates, the bush on the right hand side of that road ( Wattle Ave East I think ) is usually full of dirt bikes.

Comment

dude I think you oughta do something about the size
                  of your avatar pic, plus your grass needs cut and
                  your chains slack

Comment

dude I think you oughta do something about the size
                    of your avatar pic, plus your grass needs cut and
                    your chains slack

Ya think? lol
                    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
                    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
                    Q-Zar Fremantle
                    Rated-R Parts
                    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
                    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
                    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
                    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

dude I think you oughta do something about the size of your avatar pic, plus your grass needs cut and your chains slack
                      Ya think? lol
                      cor blimey! I thought I'd messed something up.... phew!!
                      Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

biggest avatar ever!

Comment

Get a Motard then you can do it all on 1 bike.

If you've learnt to ride on road bikes then you'll be used to the power delivery of a four stroke. I rode a YZ250F last year and I got used to the bike in about 1/2 an hour my friends grown up on 2 stroke dirt bikes and he can't stand four strokes.

I'm hitting the dirt, street and motard track this summer all on a WR426 can't wait.

Any buyers for a 99 6r.

Comment

Working...
                          X