Helmets at good prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmets at good prices?

i'm about to buy a new helmet, either HJC or Shoei and am chasing a good place to get one, with good prices. some places are charging pretty steep prices compared to either RRP or online stores.

so where's good in perth to buy one?

Go see Chookie(Madmax) at Causeway Honda.

The online stores in the east can be cheaper due to the larger market.
    But your stuffed if you have a problem.
    Better off spending the extra few dollars for the service and piece of mind.

Edit: Or just haggle a bit and try and push the price down.
    (Just don't offer them half-price. )
    sigpic

Comment

Go see Chookie(Madmax) at Causeway Honda.

The online stores in the east can be cheaper due to the larger market.
      But your stuffed if you have a problem.
      Better off spending the extra few dollars for the service and piece of mind.

Edit: Or just haggle a bit and try and push the price down.  
             (Just don't offer them half-price.   )
      As Dugy said go see Chookie at Causeway Honda or Ralph at Northside Kwaka ... they'll look after you.

As for online shopping .. it is cheaper to buy things online ( no store over heads, wages etc) however as Dugy said it can be much better to buy things locally as you can see things, try things and if require return things. (also consider shipping costs insurance and currency costs if buy OS)

And at the end of the day support the shops that support you.
      Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

just went to causeway honda, didn't ask for chookie, never been there before and the salesman already cut $35 off the helmet i was looking at (HJC CL-14) straight up.

only problem was, he also quoted some great prices on Shoei helmets... i can't decide!!!! :?

Comment

Go 4 the Shoei cause they r
          usually quieter, more comfortable and look shizzick 8)

Comment

just went to causeway honda, didn't ask for chookie, never been there before and the salesman already cut $35 off the helmet i was looking at (HJC CL-14) straight up.

only problem was, he also quoted some great prices on Shoei helmets... i can't decide!!!!  :?
            You might want to try the new AGV lids too dude...

They feel ALOT better than they used to...
            i have an HJC CL14... and i was gunna buy a new AGV coz its a million times better... but yeah - need more money

Awesome value for money though - cheaper than Shoei and feel better (for me)

Comment

yeah, didn't really rate the AGV's - light and looked nice, the fit wasn't as good for me as the HJC's or Shoei's.

can anyone tell me the retail for a Shoei RF-900?

Comment

RF-900's are non existant anymore. The new one is the XR1000. they retail for: Replica helmets: $799 Standard: $769

I am currently having a sale on Shoei lids and visors.

McCulloch Suzuki
                577 Albany Highway.
                ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

RF-900's are non existant anymore.  The new one is the XR1000.  they retail for: Replica helmets: $799 Standard: $769

I am currently having a sale on Shoei lids and visors.  

McCulloch Suzuki
                  577 Albany Highway.
                  the RF-900's maybe no-longer made, but aren't non-existant. causeway have quite a number still in stock at reduced prices, i tried some on yesterday. they were around $550 from memory, not a bad price. in between the HJC CL-14 and the Shoei XR1000.

Comment

well then they are a couple of models old then, and considering the lifetime of a helmet should yes I said should be 5 years....

but if you are looking at that sort of shoei then I would buy a TZ-1. little bit more in price (about $50-$100) but a newer/quietier/better fitting helmet.

I am not trying to compete with Causeway Honda just trying to help you out.
                    ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

thanks for that. i just i'm just trying to justify the extra dosh for a shoei over the HJC. everyone i know with a CL-14 is happy with it, and everyone i know with a Shoei is happy with theirs.

makes it hard to decide. probably go with a HJC for now, then when i get some more money buy a shoei and the HJC can be a pillion lid.

Comment

my 2c

all i wanna say is "how much is your head worth?!?!" get something that you feel safe with, fits you and looks good... most dealers will match prices if you shop... just find what you like... but remember you get what you pay for and it is your noggin we're talking about!!!
                        tba.....

Comment

Very well said R1boy77. Invest in a good helmet cos it should last you for awhile and you will have some peace of mind if you ever were to come off.
                          ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                          FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

as R1Boy77 said, what price do you put on your head?
                            But I would NEVER buy another HJC. I find them VERY noisy and need to wear earplugs. It felt comfortable in the shop but at speed there is too much noise.
                            My old AGV wasn't as comfortable but was quiet and saved my noggin when I landed on my head at around 100 km/h.
                            Helmet choice is very personal also. I will try the new AGV's when I can afford to throw away the HJC as I have alot of respect for them, and I will also try the Shoei as I only hear good things.
                            HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

i agree with the slogan 'how much is your head worth' but basically if the helmet is Snell, DOT and AS approved, then they will protect my head just the same, whether i pay $300 or $1200.

all you really get for the additional cost is name, higher level of comfort, better ventilation and less noise.

Comment

Working...
                              X