cost of zx2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cost of zx2

sorry just another question, thinkin about taking a mates zx2 of him though knowing little about how much it should cost?? but do know i enjoy riding the zx2 as a limitted 250 rider. can some one please give me some advice on their estimation of a price range. the bike details appear to be 2000 model zx2r with 50,000k on the clock. a little damage where put down in sand, appears minor, rides great and starts every go even at 5 am in the cold!!!! appreciate any help

Re: cost of zx2

the bike details appear to be 2000 model zx2r with 50,000k on the clock.
    as in imported and complianced in 2000? what's the actual build date, do you know?

Comment

G'day Newman

Sounds like a pretty sweet buy. Considering the damage (slight or not), and the whole 'mates rates' thing, i reckon $4500-$5500 would be a reasonable price, especially being such a late model!

Awsome little bikes though!

Shane
      If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

with the model year just goin on what he said, purchased it brand new from some where in Perth (can find out) and said it was 2000 model. will find out exactly when he got it. tonight. haven't seen any others like it round, has blask grey paint job.
        cheers for estimation gives me a ball park, it's about what he wants, hopefully can get his filth helmet too sweeten deal bit. sorry slowness of reply meant to be hard at work.

Comment

hmm i dont know of many new zx2rs .. the only ones ive seen in perth have been at causeway ducati and they are all silver ..

most of them are a mids 90s vintage ... and that would certainly cover the kms.

wats it ride like ?? can u see any other damage to the bike or any other signs of wear and tear ??

if it is in good nick and the damage is light then without looking at it i would say thumpin has hit it on the head .. if it is in really good nick then a bit more..

is that a black paint job ?? with white and silver stickers on it ??

does it have a shoei, motul and dainese stricker down each side of the fairing just behind the front wheel by any chance .. i have only seen 2 black zx2rs in the last 18 months .. so its a rare colour
          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Offering him more than $4K is outrageous even if he is your mate!

I'd offer him $2500-$3300 man

The things got 50K km on it which is quite high considering wot other 250's on the market. My CBR250 was in perfect nick with no scratches and 34K km on it and i sold it for $4800

THis ZX2 - even though it starts first time - sounds like its been run in the ground. As your mate he should be offering it to you at the highest amount maybe $3500-4000.

Comment

Offering him more than $4K is outrageous even if he is your mate!

I'd offer him $2500-$3300 man

The things got 50K km on it which is quite high considering wot other 250's on the market. My CBR250 was in perfect nick with no scratches and 34K km on it and i sold it for $4800

THis ZX2 - even though it starts first time - sounds like its been run in the ground. As your mate he should be offering it to you at the highest amount maybe $3500-4000.
              50k is a highish number but depending on its age etc its still not too bad ..

true u can get a lot of 250s with less km on them but u start paying 6 + for them

why would u offer him 2500 - 3000 ? thats below the redbook national average and they always go for the lower side of the pricing bracket.

Red Book
              National Average Price
              Trade In $3,000 - $3,600
              Private Sale $4,300 - $5,100

if there is a disagreement about it ..take it to a shop and ask them to look at it .. theyll say wat they'll pay for it and give u an idea. remembering that a shop will quote lower so they can make a profit on it so they may say 1k - 1500 less than wat they intend to sell it for .. which would be the price u would be looking at paying ..

dont forget to add things like service history ...tyres etc to the equation too
              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

cheers guys, appreciate your help, his qoute now appears a little high. im just tryin to soak it all in. my bad, colours scheme is more silver than a grey/black. he lets me borrow it so maybe just run it into a kawasaki dealer and get qoute. what other 250's are good, i like the rgv's but heard downfalls with it. cheers helps appreciated.

Comment

every bike will have it's ups and downs. for more sports/racing, go the ZX2R, RGV250 or CBR250RR. sports touring, ZZR250 (my favourite), GPX250, CBR250, VTR250, Comet 250. then there's the cruisers like the VN250 and others, but i don't know enough about them to comment.

go to a larger dealer like causeway honda or others that generally have a large selection of bikes and walk around and sit on different types to gauge what you like.

Comment

$4300 is the minimum for a decent one though

No offense, but seeing 50K km on the clock doesnt mean its not decent but its definately very high.

High km's, minor damage = possible engine work to come, fairing, paint repair = $$$

Take the equivalent off the avg. THats how i came to my figures.

Trust me newman if he's asking for more than $4000 for it dont bother. Just be patient and you'll find a decent privately sold kwaka ZX2/cbr250.

Mate sold his ZXR250 recently which was faultless and perfect. Only 25K km on it and sold it for $4800. Work of that newman

Comment

check www.redbook.com.au and a few other motor vehicle online websites, and that should give you a good indication of a fair price.
                      ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                      FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

its my oppinion that all 250s are way overpriced. but there is nothing you can do there. dont stop looking at other 250s just because you can buy that one. i know its hard to keep on looking when you just want to buy/ride something. i paid tick over $3000 for 93 cbr 600 with 50k, but before that i almost bought yam trx for $4500 with 70+k. keep on looking and you will get good picture which bikes are worth what.
                        just my 2 cents.

Comment

as some one who lurks and procrastinates and will oneday get his licesne and a bike all be it in 2010!!
                          I look at 250s every week and as everyone says it's all about what comfortable for you and what you like to ride.. as for price.. 250's are expensive but remember in a year when you step upto a 600/750/1000 250's are still going to be expensive and you will get your money back if you look after it. So it's all relative and you also get what you pay for... i still fap over hewies old 250 and he sold that for 6k? and that was a good price.

Comment

I bought my ZX2 nearly 1 year ago now ... had 50,000km on the clock and a couple of sratches but nothing major (generally in good condition) It is a 1995 model and complianced in 1998 ... cost me $4400 ... even with reasonably high kays it still goes lke a trooper!

Comment

Working...
                            X