Looking after those leathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking after those leathers

What treatments etc do u guys do to keep ur leathers looking their best ??
    Love
    Nick :twisted:

Hoping this is about motorbike jackets.......

Connolly Hide Care.

Got it from Reids Bootmakers in Vic Park. (2 Basinghall St)
    Cheap repair work too.
    sigpic

Comment

I visit my ol' man for dinner now and then and make him Dubbin all my leather!
      HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

gday nick
        ive used this beez wax stuff for years, it goes on "waxy" but you leave it over night and the leather takes it in and it gives it keeps it feeling new and it gives slight water proofing in mild rain, it just beads up and runs off!
        but im sure there is less messy stuff thats easier to apply :idea: ive had this shit for years :oops:

Comment

gday nick  
          ive used this beez wax stuff for years, it goes on \"waxy\" but you leave it over night and the leather takes it in and it gives it keeps it feeling new and it gives slight water proofing in mild rain, it just beads up and runs off!
          but im sure there is less messy stuff thats easier to apply :idea: ive had this shit for years :oops:

know wot its called , where can i get it ?
          Love

Comment

I visit my ol' man for dinner now and then and make him Dubbin all my leather!

kewl so wats for dinner tonight ??
            Love

Comment

I used snow-seal once.. eeek :shock: :evil: :evil:

Took ages to get that s**t off my jacket. Has never looked the same since. Now it looks black and slipery rather than that nice dainese mat black - so make sure you try it somewhere where u cant see it first, then try a bigger spot to make sure your doubly happy!

Oh yeah, and if u use wax, make sure your jacket is hung in the sun and VERY warm/hot so it melts and you dont need to use so much. When people say pile it on cause it will soak it up - thats crap, or it least it was for me. Maybe dainese coat their jackets in something? But it was a huge mess

Comment

when it rains, my jacket gets clean... that's the extent of my cleaning product
                Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

when it rains, my jacket gets clean... that's the extent of my cleaning product
                  im paranoid about getting my leather jacket wet. Is it bad to get leather jackets wet?

I bought mine about 5weeks ago from Causeway Yamaha. An alpine star one and numerous amounts of people have told me DON'T GET IT WET!!!. Are they right in saying that? or full of shit? Some say it will crack the leather, or it will go mouldy, or it will fade blah blah blah. Anyway im skerred to get it wet and paranoid.

Comment

Just make sure it dries in a well ventalated area and it will be fine, wouldnt stick it next to a heater or anything tho..

Dont worry so much, cows dont crack when they get wet!

Comment

cows dont crack when they get wet!
                      good point there

thanks for the advice

Comment

For me it's saddle soap or anything similar. Most of those sort of products are pretty good. Pick 'em up from any saddlery, feed merchant etc. Ie Europa. Can throw on a bit of dubbin after if you so desire to give that little extra protection from the wet. But make sure the jacket is dry first before applying!!!!

Besides if it's good enough to protect leather from horse sweat, then a little rain ain't going to worry it.
                        I had a vision of my reality once... then turned my back and walked away.

Comment

dubbin will east away at your stitching :shock:

Comment

dubbin will east away at your stitching  :shock:
                            Hmm, my jacket is a couple of years old and no sign of that. Plus been using it on horse tack for many years with no real significant impact from dubbin. :?
                            I had a vision of my reality once... then turned my back and walked away.

Comment

dubbin will east away at your stitching  :shock:
                              I've heard that from my old man as well.

But I think that may be more if you put too much on and leave it bogged into the seams, and the stiching sorta 'rots'. :?:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X