Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INSURANCE Recommendations

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of an insurance company worth talking to, cause SWANN is giving me the shits.

Basically Im a 25yo rider with nothing more than a couple of average speeding fines, riding a 97CBRRR Fireblade and the maximum no claim bonus.

Would like to be insured, but seems that Im gonna have to grab my ankles no matter who I get insurance with, due to the performance factor of my bike, as opposed to my boringly clean riding record.

Bring on the dangerous driving charges, cause its not going to change my policy anyway.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :evil:

Boycott Swann.

I reccomend everyone does for their poor customer service and shitty pricing.

I've insured with Western QBE with their bike underwriting section and their prices are reasonable, service terrific.

I have a friend in the industry and he reccomends WQBE over anyone.

http://www.motorcycle-insurance.com.au/

However, IC Frith First Choice, a mob in the ES have some excellent pricing for the older rider, I'm just not so sure what will happen when/if you have to claim, them being in the ES and all.

http://www.icfrith.com.au/html/FirstChoice.cfm

Comment

QBE all the way.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Boycott Swann.

I reccomend everyone does for their poor customer service and shitty pricing.

I've insured with Western QBE with their bike underwriting section and their prices are reasonable, service terrific.

I have a friend in the industry and he reccomends WQBE over anyone.

http://www.motorcycle-insurance.com.au/

However, IC Frith First Choice, a mob in the ES have some excellent pricing for the older rider, I'm just not so sure what will happen when/if you have to claim, them being in the ES and all.

http://www.icfrith.com.au/html/FirstChoice.cfm
        I've heard that WQBE only does MARKET value, so you kinda get the $$$ for the cheapest bike in the quokka like yours, with a thanks, now pissoff.

SWANN service sucks. The chicks on the phone are nice enough to talk to, but I want results, not chit chat. Plus there policies have all gone up too.

Thinking I'll be better off not getting insurance at all.

Comment

My Western QBE policy is agreed value...

Comment

more than a couple of average speeding fines
            Is that including the fine for doing 200km/h / -4 points you got hit with last year? :twisted:

I think you'll find WQBE cheaper, but slightly higher excess and also they do market value not agreed value. But you should investigate this :?:

If my bike was not found when it was stolen, i would have gotten back more money than i paid for it. (im with swan)

Comment

QBE all the way and agreed as well.

Comment

more than a couple of average speeding fines
                Is that including the fine for doing 200km/h / -4 points you got hit with last year? :twisted:

I think you'll find WQBE cheaper, but slightly higher excess and also they do market value not agreed value. But you should investigate this :?:

If my bike was not found when it was stolen, i would have gotten back more money than i paid for it. (im with swan)
                No, it was allegedly 170km/h, but after plesant discussions, was agreed that I was actually going 138km/h. I really don't know where they got 170 from. :roll:

Comment

having just changed insurance companies from Swann to WQBE, provided no prob if I ever need to make a claim, I'm happy.
                  $160 cheaper, agreed value, plus no claim protection for minimal cost
                  If only the young knew; If only the old could

Comment

Thanks for all your replies guys.
                    I look forward to calling swann tomorrow and telling them where to go.

WQBE here I come.

Comment

i'm actually not impressed with QBE. i have a 50% NCB and Swann will accept that straight up. QBE will NOT apply your NCB, regardless of how much it is unless you have your full R license. if you're on a restricted R-E 250cc license then you're screwed.

therefore, on a $5000 quote for a ZZR250, QBE was $900p/yr and Swann was $540p/yr. i'll be going with Swann for at least the first year, then see what happens after I get my fulll R license.

i think that stinks.

Comment

Well I just did an online quote form for WQBE, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to my Swann policy.

Comment

Attention all,

WQBE will only do Agreed value for a 2004 bike.
                          Don't know if they did for all bikes before, but they won't now.

Cheers

Comment

Probably depends on weather your bike is standard or not. Or maybe how much you think its worth is a lot less then what they believe it to be worth. Or maybe some of us were just lucky and next year we will be screwed over.

Comment

Pack of godamn bitches

Because of my theft claim, the little bitches at WQBE wont insure me!
                              Arseholes. Ho-hum, so now I am forced to go with SWAN who are raping me like a dog.

Shite burger. Insurance sux.
                              The Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X