Woohoo !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woohoo !!!

Ok I know this might be strange but I got my first head nod today from a fellow biker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Riding home down High Street today a guy on a blue bike gave me the nod !!!

First biker to acknowledge me !

Also wondering where abouts does everyone meet for the Scarb ride ?

Would love to learn how to ride properly ;P (Oh and meet other riders !)

And one last thing newbie saying hi to everyone !!

And one last question .... How long do you generally keep a bike for ? Do you trade it in every 1/2/3 years - are bikes more of a "consumable" than a car ?

And I have to say learning to ride has changed my life I never knew riding a motorbike would be so much fun !! And I cannot wait till I upgrade to a 600 or higher bike !! (But unlike cars I know I got a LONG way to go and lotws to learn before then, keep thinking to myself it would be great to have a more powerful bike but I know that would be a bike mistake, I also think that the 600RR they have at Melville Gym on display is swaying what I think as that bike looks so f'ing sweet)

Safe Riding !

Regards

Russell

Hi my name is Klink and I'll be welcoming you to the forum today. Please enjoy your stay and if you require any assistance please ask one of our sexy flight attendants.

Thankyou for flying with PSB.
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

*puts on flight attendants outfit* ya know klink...this doesn't have the same feel as your nurses outfit.....can I borrow that for later ???? *looks at rpereira* oh hey...welcome to the forum, this is kinda awkward huh????....oh well, no matter...ride safely take care and no doubt we shall see you out there soon
      "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

Re: Woohoo !!!

How long do you generally keep a bike for ? Do you trade it in every 1/2/3 years - are bikes more of a \"consumable\" than a car ?

Well that depends whether you like spending money every 2 years and being in debt, or maybe you get bored every 2 years. Lets see 99 R1 18months, SP1 2 1/2 years and now a ZX10R which will probably keep longer than the SP1.
        Bikes use there tyres probably more than cars especially the rear, depends on what sort of riding you do, chain and sprockets once again what sort of riding you doing, did over 8000 kms on the SP1 and were still fine, and just replace your oil by your manuals recommendation, oh yeah brake pads too.
        8)

Comment

hmmmm Klink in a nurses uniform..... now there's a mental image!!!
          Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

welcome to the forum russell 8)
            to answer afew of your questions:
            i say bring back the nod, i fcking hate it when a hard up fellow motorcyclist rides on by without as much as a glance, WTF is that shit :x
            ill even go out of my way to nod and even wave at a coppa on a bike, and if you get em off guard they might even nod back :shock:
            the scabs meeting point would generaly be in the scarbs beach bike parking area across the road from the look out nighty, there is no specific time or day to meet unless other wise organised.
            if you feel the need to take up pointers on how to ride/survive then you should invest in some after hours rider training, its cheep insurance and it benefits you and everyone around you :idea: im sure someone here can recomend a good rider trainer in your area.
            and as for how long to keep a bike, well this depends on alot of things, but ill say "how long is a piece of string?"
            if you have the ability that matches your wallet then theres no reason why you could not be riding the latest greatest bike out every year, so its a personal thing, but beware, when wallet is greater than ability....well we have a shoes section for that
            ride safe mate and stay upright 8)

big it up dawg :roll:
            Gonz.

Comment

.... in the event of a wheely, section 60 charges will fall from the ceiling. Please attend to yourself before you attend to your pillion.

Emergency exits are located here and here: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/view...opic.php?t=3904.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Working...
              X