03/04 Honda 600RR Safety RECALL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03/04 Honda 600RR Safety RECALL!

Recieved letter in the mail today.... in short it reads.....

IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL NOTICE:

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has determined that a defect relating to above vehicles exists in certain units.

Due to impropper material selection for the rear brake master cylinder connecting rod end bearing, if the con-rod end bearing becomes contaminated with anit-freezing agent, the aluminium material of the part corrodes and the brake pedal may become difficult to operate (and i thought mine was just stiff from lack of use). As the corrosion progresses the pillow ball component may seize in the holder and if strong force is applied on the pedal, there is a possibility of the con-rod end bearing fracturing, making it impossible to operate the rear brake. Anti Freezing agents (containing salts) are commonly used on roads in europe to stop from icing over during winter. It is not expected that we will see any failures in this market.

To remedy this problem, Honda will, at no cost to the owner, replace associated parts on all affected CBR600RR motorcycles.

Call your local Honda Motorcycle dealer to make an appointment to have your motorcycle repaired.

Any questions call honda service department on 03 9270 1111

So there u go. They way i read it is they will only replace if it is corroding not just cause u got a 600RR. Perhaps madmax can shed some light on that.

Check ur brakes guys n girls......

I'm the noob you all pwn!

GOOOO HOOONDA!
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/view...opic.php?t=4749

I think by "affected CBR600RR motorcycles" it means all RR's in the VIN range.

Hope that helps.
      HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

Recall

As stated by morehplesskilo

all cbr600rr's in the vin range will be recalled and have the items replaced irregardless whether the item is faulty.

Attend your local Honda dealer at your convience to have the issue rectified.

Comment

I don't use the rear brake so Prestige can fix it when ever, no hurry for me!

But I sorted out my front brake problem, if I removed the front calipers and turned them around while tapping them I got a firm lever again Now I have BRAKES never had to do that before!

Comment

I got the letter on friday too :?
            1, Always look good
            2, Always know what you're doing
            3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

But I sorted out my front brake problem, if I removed the front calipers and turned them around while tapping them I got a firm lever again Now I have BRAKES never had to do that before!
              its a honda,thats why honda technology :shock:
              HOOOONDA ALL THE WAY!

Comment

Read thread I link to ... honda vs yam recall.

:twisted:

hehe
                HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

I don't use the rear brake so Prestige can fix it when ever, no hurry for me!

what did you actually do? did u bleed bubbles out of the caliper?

Comment

Working...
                  X