250cc comparisons please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 250cc comparisons please

I'm getting close to getting a 250cc (my test is on monday, my car is for sale, just gotta wait for pieces to fall into place...) and i've sort of narrowed it down to 2 bikes.

i'm a large guy, 6'3" and 100kgs so i need a relatively large bike to be comfortable, thus i'm looking at:

Kawa ZZR250

and

Suzuki GSX250 Across

I've seen a lot of ZZR's, know a few with them and get great rav reviews from them and others. the Across on the other hand i don't know a lot about. i saw one at Causeway Honda and it felt good, a tad larger than the ZZR and fitted me a little better i think. unfortunately it sold and i can't find anymore at dealers to try on.

does anyone have (or had) one and can comment on it's ridability, handling, performance and it's reliability.

thanks guys/gals.
    nathan

Check out the across forum:

www.twincam.org/forums

You'll be able to ask some techie questions there.
    Ride them both and see. They are very differnt bikes stat wise

Comment

Ride them both and see.
      i want to, but i can't find an across to ride anyway!!

thanks for the link thou.

Comment

Have a look for a Kawasaki Balius as well.

They are a great bike for tall ppl.
        sigpic

Comment

thanks, i took a look at them and tried it on, wasn't really impressed with the styling...

Comment

Sage, I test road the across when I was hunting for 250's. Nice bike to ride I have to say. Also take note of this.

The zzr250 is a 2cyl & the across is a 4cyl. I test road both and I felt the across had a bit more "bite" in it's performance. Also the really kool thing about the across is the so called "fuel tank" is actually a compartment. From what I believe I think you can fit your whole helmet in it. The actual fuel tank is at the rear of the bike.

http://www.hyp4r.com/mct/across/across.htm is a lil info on the across.

Cheers hope this helps a lil

Comment

u cant go past a GN 250
              Love
              Nick :twisted:

Comment

u cant go past a GN 250
                the ole GN 250 even tells you what gear your in in case you forget

Comment

Ride them both and see.
                  i want to, but i can't find an across to ride anyway!!

thanks for the link thou.
                  These guys have a teal one

CULLY'S MOTOR CYCLE CENTRE
                  Unit 9/ 511 Wanneroo Rd Balcatta 6021 ( 08 ) 9344 4444

Comment

u cant go past a GN 250
                    Actually - more like a GN can't go past U...

Hehehehe...
                    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

u cant go past a GN 250
                      Actually - more like a GN can't go past U...

Hehehehe...
                      hahaha ........least I couldn't speed while I did my 250cc test while on a GN 250......don't think it's possible

Comment

If you are a bigger guy then something like a zx2 aint bad......im 6 foot 3 and over 100kg, and ive got a zxr250, which is the precursor to the zx2, and the only thing im not too keen on is the sweep back of the handlebars, which is non adjustable on my zxr.

But other than that the position on it is nice, and its got some nuts in it
                        Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

I had an Across for my first bike, and loved it! I originally choose it because it looked bigger than a 250!

Was very zippy. I put an old second hand roo pipe on it, and you could wake the dead when you revved it out! (16k i think it red lined) :twisted:

You can fit a full sized helmet in the storage compartment, along with plenty of hungry jacks, or a dozen stubbies of your favourite poisen!

The bike isnt so common (when compared to zzr250 or gpx250, or cbr250), but still common enough to have enough recked if you need cheap spares!

It even handles a pillion as good as what a 250cc engine could!

I would definetly recomend it. I am 6ft1 and 90 kgs.

Ciao
                          Shane
                          If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

I think the biggest problem with the Across (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it has a small fuel tank and thus a range of 180-200kms. My zz-r250 goes over 300kms with it's 18L tank.

So if you plan on touring or country driving the range of the Across might be a limitation (I like to travel to Dunsborough and Bunbury every now and then).

Then again the Across does have that boot thing to store stuff in.
                            Meow.

Comment

Yeah, thats a point i forgot about.

Red light at about 160kms, your pushing it to the servo by 170kms
                              If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X