Freeway Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway Fun

Had a wake up call on Mitchell Freeway South at about 7:35am this morning near Hutton Street.

I was riding in the right side of the centre lane when I came across a gap in the right hand lane. I ripped into it but so did a white panel van so had to prolong the turn parallel with the van into the emergency lane to pass the panel van.

Not his fault as he probably would not have seen me as i had been splitting but I should have foreseen his move into the gap and waited for better conditions.

No harm done just a spurt of adrenalin,
    be aware and be careful out there.
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Yes this situation has happend to me a few times. So long as you are on the ball as you were and anticipate it and always have an exit the outcome is usually ok.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

hokoyo... your signature says old man depends what you call old
      A site all parents should check regulary
      http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

a good reminder call to everyone.

I guess it's all good when we can all benefit from others near misses. Passing on the wisdom and all that.

Glad it all worked out good.

And as mentioned above " Plan B " is always a must :idea:

Comment

So many times this happens, drives ya nuts! Really makes ya sit back and think what is actually going through other road users heads or should i say the switch off mode and the auto pilot goes on with out even a switch! Most of the time ya can tell what they are gonna do but its the odd lil nasty unexpected that sneaks up and bites ya on the bum.. Just thank your lucky stars that your quick thinking and skill helped ya out..
          Wannabe Racer Girl

Comment

i was driving in my cage last night near dog swamp and a cage and trailor just changed lanes no indicator and nearly side swiped a white nissan patrol. my first thought was what if that was a bike what chance do we have.
            A site all parents should check regulary
            http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

hokoyo... your signature says old man  depends what you call old
              a lot older than you lot!
              I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Working...
              X