dumb question - p plates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dumb question - p plates?

i've got my test on monday, so... when i pass the test and get my license, do I need to wear P plates on my bike? or is it jsut another endorsement on my license? i've had my vehilce license for 7yrs now, didn't think i'd have to wear P plates again.

is it a provisional license as well for a year? as in only 0.02 alcohol level, small riding infringements could mean loss of license?

nathan

Don't worry, no need for the P-plate.
    sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, no need for the P-plate.
      is that a 'don't worry, they don't check' or a 'don't worry, no legal requirement' comment?

Comment

Comment

like dugy said

no p-plates % .05 acohomol same as car.

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")

Comment

P plates are for when you get your 'first' licence for the road...

Any others after that don't need em...
            Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

P plates are for when you get your 'first' licence for the road...

Any others after that don't need em...
              exactly what i thought it would be. thanks

Comment

like dugy said

no p-plates % .05 acohomol same as car.
                dont you mean alcomahol

Comment

Is this true the other way round... I haven't got my cage license yet... but have had my bike license for 7 years... does that mean I'm exempt from putting up P plates when I finally get my cage license?
                  Denied
                  '00 Honda CBR929RR Red, White & Blue
                  '82 Honda H100A In bits
                  Perth, Australia

Comment

You won't be on probationary, I wasn't.

When you get a new drivers license you are on P's. After that everything else is just an additional class.
                    HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

does that mean I'm exempt from putting up P plates when I finally get my cage license?
                      No P plates for you either.

Comment

0.5 , but would u still drink ?
                        Love
                        Nick :twisted:

Comment

I've always made it a rule.....1 drink and thats it when it comes to riding my bike.....and only if that drink is absolutely necessary......I'm a stickler for safety on my bike.....most of the time anyways, but drink riding.....nuh uh...not my kettle of fish
                          "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

Have gotten on the bike drunk once......"only going a few blocks"

With out a doubt, THE STUPIDIST THING I HAVE EVER DONE!

Undershot the first corner, overshot the second then 20km/hr the rest of the way. Stupid Stupid Stupid
                            sigpic

Comment

I have seen two tests of drink driving/riding done, one with the guys at Fast Bikes a few years back out on a racetrack, they were basically having a drink then doing a lap, then another drink, another lap etc, SCARY results!

The other test I have seen done was by the crew that do 5th gear on Foxtel, with one group of drivers out at brands hatch doing a course in cars before and after drinking, and also another group before and after complete sleep deprivation......

Interestingly enough the group that had nothing but coffee all night to keep them awake did the course in a much worse condition than the people who were close on double the legal limit..... Makes you wonder sometimes about people who think they are fine to drive home after a late night at work......
                              Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD's, you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences!

Comment

Working...
                              X