Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this is Street bikes but....

Hey All

Any of you boys or girls into Adventure Trail bike riding? Are there any groups around or places you can find out where the best trails are and how to get permits and assorted other information??

Cheers

Craig

i used to ride out in the country all the time on my moto-x bike (i lived out there) and it's the best place i've found to ride.
    not too sandy (like down south), not full of gravel (like perth hills ,where i live now) and noone really minds.
    if you want to ride in the designated area you'll need a permit. u used to be able to get the from police stations (for about $12 a year) but I think they may all be done from the licensing centre now.
    i would try contacting them for info on license areas etc.
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

?? You wanna go dirtbiking CRB? is that what you're saying?

Come out with us sometime. Alkimos, end of Marmion Ave, on weekends. Any and all welcome.
      Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

??  You wanna go dirtbiking CRB?  is that what you're saying?

Come out with us sometime.  Alkimos, end of Marmion Ave, on weekends.  Any and all welcome.

play hide and seek with a bit of a chase with the rangers

Comment

The ranger told me that it was $1000 dollar fine to ride at the end of marmion

There is a fun sand quarri out the back of the gnagara pines get chased by truckies in there bobcats :twisted:

also out in kwinana on postals rd there is some ok riding

Comment

Thats a load of cock and bull.

Don't ride on the beach.

Don't ride in Farmer Brown's paddock without first letting him know.

Don't park at the end of marmion.

Don't tell everyone else that I park at the other end, on Pipidinny Rd.

Don't listen to anyone that says rangers give you hass. Coz they don't. I've never had a problem, and I've ridden there consistently for 3 years now. The most I ever got was:
            "Hey mate, you're not going down the onto the beach are you? Coz your not supposed to. OH, you only ride up this area, away from the beach and 4wds? Good stuff, couldn't give a rat's arse what you do up here. Have a good one"
            Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Don't ride on the beach.

Don't listen to anyone that says rangers give you hass.  Coz they don't.  I've never had a problem, and I've ridden there consistently for 3 years now.  The most I ever got was:
              \"Hey mate, you're not going down the onto the beach are you?  Coz your not supposed to.  OH, you only ride up this area, away from the beach and 4wds?  Good stuff, couldn't give a rat's arse what you do up here.  Have a good one\"

MMMMMMM! :? i must have been dreaming when i got 2 tickets for $100 each in 6 months for been in the bowl out the front of the alkimos and out near the fence line at the end of marmion.i,ve been going there for 15 years and since they have enforced the law 4-5 years ago i try and limit my time there.straight in and straight out

Comment

ferris - it's illegal to ride anywhere that isn't private property or a designated off road riding area (areas where you require a permit).
                most national parks are out of bounds.

often the rangers/cops will turn a blind eye if you are being safe and not being a nuisance.
                i've been doing it for about 10 years now, and never had a problem, but i dont ride on roads or in public view, and I dont make a nuisance of myself
                (and i dont have a permit )

Comment

often the rangers/cops will turn a blind eye if you are being safe and not being a nuisance.

they will turn a blind only if they know there isnt a chance of catching you. :shock:

Comment

I've ridden at the end of marmion a few times, and have even seen cops drive in there and was cool, there were a few people there. but about a year ago i was just about to drive in there and the ranger stopped me and said that if i took my bike off the back of the ute he would issue me a $1000 fine, havent ridden there since.

Comment

Its called running not that I condone that but unless there also on a trail bike and they're a better rider than you it shouldn't be a problem unless you crash.

Few of my friends ride to mindarie dunes on the streets on there moto's and bust out wheelie's on the way :roll:

Comment

thats pretty stupid.
                        hit someone and damage thier vehicle and your up for a pretty penny.
                        injure someone and your up shit creek without a paddle!

i guess it depends on where you are about the cops. Where i used to ride in the country the majority of them were ok with it so long as we didn't ride on the road, or ride noisily close to town etc.
                        in perth i've known rangers to chase bikes, but as said, it's often hard for them to catch you.
                        unless you dont know where you are going and they do.

i've also heard they can impound bikes. but i'm not sure on that one

Comment

Don't ride on the beach.

Don't listen to anyone that says rangers give you hass. Coz they don't. I've never had a problem, and I've ridden there consistently for 3 years now. The most I ever got was:
                          "Hey mate, you're not going down the onto the beach are you? Coz your not supposed to. OH, you only ride up this area, away from the beach and 4wds? Good stuff, couldn't give a rat's arse what you do up here. Have a good one"

MMMMMMM! :? i must have been dreaming when i got 2 tickets for $100 each in 6 months for been in the bowl out the front of the alkimos and out near the fence line at the end of marmion.i,ve been going there for 15 years and since they have enforced the law 4-5 years ago i try and limit my time there.straight in and straight out
                          you softcock leroy

Comment

Dont ask me how I know, but the closest thing thatl get near you is the squad of brown uniforms on 4 xr400's..(if ur riding SOR) always provides for an entertaining afternoon.. somehow you will always lose them when the terrain gets a little challenging :twisted:
                            "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Comment

[you softcock leroy

wont be soft when its in your mouth buddy

i,ve been told you go both ways :?

Comment

Working...
                              X