NO MORE 'Pay at the Pump'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO MORE 'Pay at the Pump'

Many of you, like me, would no doubt use BP to fuel your bikes because of the convenience of being able to Pay-At-The-Pump.

This connivance as a motorcyclists is paramount as you do not have to take your lid off and then cue up in a shop waiting for 5 people to be served warm pies and some Marlborough Extra Milds before getting the opportunity to pay. You can pull up, rip off one glove, reach for your wallet and fill your tank without having to remove your lid.

For this convenience I don’t mind paying the higher premiums that BP fuels demand.

Those of you who enjoy this service would no doubt notice the declining number of working Pay-at-the-Pump machines of late. To top it off, I find out today (from BP South Perth) that all machines have now been decommissioned based on the new policy from BP itself.

No more Pay-At-The-Pump for you!

The reasons for this revised polity I could not tell you, however, I could hazard a guess to say that the franchise or BP owned stores loose business from the people that Pay at the Pump because they do not impulse purchase crap when they enter the shop, also I would imagine that Pay-At-The-Pump readers need a bit of maintenance, and as we all know, there is no money in fuel (BP Australia 2003 fiscal year $1.65 billion after tax) and therefore they must find it very hard to find the money to provide this service to their customers.

So, if you have a problem with this, as I, then I appeal to do this right now:

1) Phone 1300 1330 27 (BP freecall)
    2) Press 6
    3) Press 1
    4) Tell the helpful customer feedback person that you are a user of the Pay-at-the-Pump service and that you are annoyed that they are not continuing with the service and in future you will be refueling at their opposition’s bowsers.

Luv
    Deej

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Well i didnt use the system but thats gotta suk .....

:evil: :evil: :evil:
    Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
    Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

i would have used the system, but i NEVER found one that was working

I only fill up in one of three BP servo's and there system NEVER worked.

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

the number you have dialled is not available from this service

I use this facility all the time and it was bloody handy, oh well I am just going to take extra long now when putting all my gear back on.....
        1, Always look good
        2, Always know what you're doing
        3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

:oops: wear an open face lid like me ?????
          Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

:oops:  wear an open face lid like me ?????
            No ta. I'd like to keep my jaw connected to my face.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

damn, i used the one down the street all the time.... do any of the others do this system?? i just like the ultimate 98 sooo much...

Comment

:oops:  wear an open face lid like me ?????
                Will they let you walk in with an open face helmet? I thought they'd still complain. I have a flip-face shoei, which sorta counts
                Meow.

Comment

Ive been to another brand of fuel station... and Im sure they had pay at the pump too.... just trying to think of what brand it was...
                  If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Klink the one just off the freeway ( James St off ramp ) had pay at the pump although more often than not it isn't working. ( I think it's a Mobil )

Comment

grrr to bp...

and gordo your right about mobil... most time its not working... and when it does (well I think anyhow) the premium there is not that good....
                      tba.....

Comment

It is based upon the decline of shop sales to a degree, but the official line has been:

1) The upkeep of the system is expensive. The CRIPS system is constantly unavailable due to random reasons and they're also being damaged via condensation and vandals on a regular basis.

2) Cloned or re-pinned credit cards have been used (primarily in the eastern states) to rip off fuel stations. It's a pain in the ring-piece to have it taken away but let's face it, it was only a matter of time until they made us take off our helmets for identification purposes anyway. (It was suggested)

Comment

Yeah the other Service stations that have pay at the pump are Mobil and Quix. But I'd prefer BP Ultimate anyday. My baby can't get enough of it.
                          ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                          FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

wat a crock .... oh well ..
                            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Here here, what a pain. I did notice that the other morning that BP Leach Hwy has done the same. :evil: :evil:

Mobil near prestige Honda still has pay at the pump available but they lack the 98 octane thing.

Oh well, just have to do it the hard way, but they can all rest assured that I won't be buying anything else off them.
                              Life is many different things, just make sure you have one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X