2002 GSXR 750 For Sale at Chapmans in Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 GSXR 750 For Sale at Chapmans in Perth

Does anyone know who might have traded in the 2002 model GSXR750 at Chapmans? I was looking at poossibly buying it but the sales guy I spoke to was not sure of a couple of things on the bike such as mods etc so I thought I would take a shot on here if anyone knew who used to own it or could tell me what mods it had and perhaps any other info they knew about it.

All I know so far is that it has braided lines, "some modification to the ignition" an "after market air filter", after markter read indicators and bloody LEDS on the dash that I really couldn't figure out when I was test riding it.

Any info would be much appreciated. Alternatively, does anyone know what a 2002 GSXR 750 goes for these days with about 20000km on it.

Cheers

Woodster

PS: Hopefully that didn't come across sounding like some squid just looking to buy the first bike with mods that he came across. I was just trying to find out as much about the bike as I could.

Dunno the owner.

Circa $12.5-13.5k (high kms for model year). Check for drilled oil drainage plug (ex racer/track day weapon). Check for steering head wear/damage (ex hoons bike).

:idea: If all else fails - ask them who owned it - even pass on your contacts and ask for a reference from owner. You have nothing to lose by asking - makes for a confident purchase.

Have you considered an older Gixxer? They have rocked since the first SRAD ('96 model - getting hard to find a good example) and have been a weapon since '98 (fuel injection intro)...

Ride everything.

Sprint 8)
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

I brought my 2000 for $11,500 with 26,000 on the clock and heaps of aftermarket goodies.

Alternatively you can get a 2002 with 6,000 kms on the clock with a stainless steal yoshi slip on for $12,000.

I wouldnt pay any more for one.

It pays to do your research, glad you posted. Some salesmen will tell you some absolute crap, and get confused between models. Really who can blame them - I sure cant remember the particulars of over 20 major models!

I think there is another gixx 750 at Northside Kawasaki going for the $12,000 mark.

Comment

I wouldnt buy a bike of Chapmans if it had a free Bombardier Lear Jet with it.

Spend your money at a bike shop more desearving of your business, not those thieves.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

the bike used to belong to a mate of mine.he traded it in for a k4 GSXR 1000.mods are basic,advancer,not sure if he took it out,gear indicator,not sure if he took that out as well.full yoshi systemi.pc111.bmc filter.i cant remember what the buttons were for.nitrous maybe i know he did do a few things to it but he was very very secretive :roll: i can find out for you,but as deej said,maybe you should spend your money with someone else unless they want $10-$11000 then its worth it as i know the bike well.

Comment

Spend your money at a bike shop more desearving of your business, not those thieves.
            Just wondering why you would say that Deej? Was there an incident that we should all be aware of so we don't go there anymore???

Chapman's deal with Suzuki bikes and if the guys there don't know what modifications it has had of if any, we should all be worried.
            ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
            FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

gpx_gal : I have seen the one at Northside and that looks to be a lot cleaner bike (if that makes sense - not just washed) That one at Northside was getting signed up for a sale on Saturday morning when I was up there. I think some guy traded an old ZXR on it. Was listed at $12500 but not sure if that is what it sold for. A 2002 / 6000kms for $12000 - Where did you see that?

Deej : I have a mate that also won't deal with Chapman's but after looking around at a few bike shops there doesn't seem to be much around over the last couple of weeks. I am trying to find time to head out to Midland to see what is out there.

gohan : $10000 - $11000 - Does that mean ithas been absolutely thrashed to buggery or ex race? Has stock pipe on it and I didn't see any buttons on it that you mentioned (different bike maybe???) The sales slip had (I think) $13990 which I thought was Hell expensive but he dropped to $12000 as soon as I said I was looking in the 11 - 12 range. Makes me think he is eager to get rid of it. If you could let me know your thoughts on the bike and how it was ridden or find out the mods that would be appreciated. Maybe let me know by a private message if you didn't want to post in the forum.

I am looking around the $11000 to $12000 mark (preferably more towards the bottom end but will go to $12000 for a good buy. I have ridden a mates 2002 R1 that was good but I think they are a bit out of my price range and the 2002 ZX9R I test rode just don't seem to want to turn in too easily (at least that was my opinion anyway) I saw the ZX9R in the For Sale here section a couple weeks ago but did not get the time to check it out and now it's sold (Ahh well - them's the breaks)

Comment

Was listed at $12500 but not sure if that is what it sold for. A 2002 / 6000kms for $12000 - Where did you see that?
                I saw it at Rick Gill earlier in the year, was absolutely stunning and gorgeous to ride. Take your time, there are some absolute gems out there. If you cant get the price you want and need some new gear, start asking for accessories if not free at cost price.

Good luck and enjoy!

Comment

I'm with him, once they sell you the bike they don't even remember your name a week later when you walk in to get ripped off for parts and accessories.

Oh, and I nearly got a fine for failing to transfer the registration which they were going to post out. Took almost 2 months and 10 or 15 phone calls to get the papers off them

Comment

racer, as far as i am aware it is the sellers responsibility to send off the transfer papers.
                    since its thier name on the title.
                    they would get the fine.
                    at least, thats how it works with private sale
                    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

They are supposed to give you the pink slip, which you are supposed to send within seven days or face a fine.

Comment

They are supposed to give you the pink slip, which you are supposed to send within seven days or face a fine.
                        Sometimes they will post it rather than just hand it over at time of sale. The gf got a bit dicked around by a bike shop (won't name them here)recently when she bought her first bike (ZZR250) and when we picked it up she noticed the rego expired in August and the sales guy said he would send out the new sticker. Turns out that the bike rego actually expired 10 days earlier and if we hadn't noticed it and waited for the rego papers to show up in the mail for us to transfer it then it would have been out of the 15 day renewal period so we had to go and get the papers from the bike shop and then go sraight to the licensing centre to renew it.

Ended up getting 6 month rego price of the cost of a major service that was done soon after but was still a bit of a pain in the arse.

Comment

actually that's not correct. i'm selling my car so ihave one of the forms in front of me right now. the buyer keeps the pink page as their copy and the seller sends their green page off to the licensing centre. if the buyer hasn't received a notice of transfer and stamp duty fees within a month, they are to ring the centre, then send in a copy of their form to be processed.

Comment

Ok, don't get me started about LLoyds. I do have to say though that Terry is a good bloke and I don't mind getting parts from him.

Service wise, well Charlie was okay and the bloke they used to have (until a racing incident fucked him up) was really good. I don’t know much about the new mechanic but he is a young fellow so I doubt he is developed his skill sufficiently for me to pay the money they charge for my service.

I have done several warranty claims on my Gixxer through them and I guarantee that no other shop would have even considered it - (Gearbox, Forklegs & SET Valve)

But yes, I have heard many bad stories....
                            Will you insure me?!

Comment

Service wise, well Charlie was okay and the bloke they used to have (until a racing incident fucked him up) was really good. I don?t know much about the new mechanic but he is a young fellow so I doubt he is developed his skill sufficiently for me to pay the money they charge for my service.
                              You mean Sam? He is now working out at TMA.

Comment

Working...
                              X