Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check this out tell me what you think....Sport Bike Hire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check this out tell me what you think....Sport Bike Hire??

Hey Guy's,

Question; If you could hire the latest Japanese sportsbike 600-1000cc roadbike for a day, weekend , month, whatever, would you be interested? Now pricing is still being calculated and insurance and a bond would be required, but we are thinking something around $275 - $300 for 600's per day and $375+ for 1000's (insurance included). Rates would be less the more day's hired, but you get the guist. Insurance might be the killer but we'll see.

Bike's could be delivered and picked up, and all gear could also be hired.

Also, trackday bikes, probably restricted to 600's but what interest do you guy's have in hiring trackday bikes?

All feedback appreciated, and Perth could be in for one of the most unique opportunities going....

Cheers,

Jim.
    Sponsor:Thanks heaps to MDH Tuning, Silkolene and Ferodo.

:oops: Sorry I completely misread your post.

Would be nice, but just like EMT says, it would be great, but more for tourists that ride and come over here and need a buzz.

Over east it works coz there's so much more touristy stuff to see, combined with good roads.

EDIT: Ignore initial post.
    If you want an idea of pricing Billabong Car Rentals are the only people of in the east that hire out bike at a decent rate, and have good range on hand.

http://www.billabongrentals.com.au/

I used to have a brochure with their prices but it's awol,
    if you ring them and say you are heading over they'll give you some prices.
    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like a good idea man but is there a demand for this service here in Perth??? Most guys who want to ride a certain bike would just go and test ride it at the dealers. Nowadays if you know the bloke and are keen on buying, they would let you take the bike out and ride it for most of the day so you get a good feel of the machine. Anyways just curious how you go man. Let us know..

You might want to have some type of polling sytem and get votes whos for and against this idea.
      ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
      FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

DOnt take this the wrong way but the whole concept definately wont work.

Several days on a stock jap bike for serveral $100's per day over a few days = one nice looking helmet, jacket etc

The demand definately wouldnt be there cos u'll need an open class licence to ride the things. How many ppl r there in perth who have a open class licence but dont have a bike? Even if they dont have a bike do u think theyre gonna spend that sorta $$ for a day when they could be putting that $$ to a bike of their own?

Its different for an exotic car hire concept or scooter hire. Ne1 with a licence can go drive those things. How often will u get to drive a ferrari or new porsche? That market is definately there cos every1 will have a car licence. Bikers r a minority so therefore ppl with an open class licence outta every1 in wa is even a smaller %!

You'd make more $$ selling pocket bikes at the moment.

Think about how much capital u gotta put into it and how hard ya gonna have to work just to breakeven.

Comment

If it was bikes like the MV Augusta SPR, Dukes etc then I can see there being a demand. I can also see a demand for trackbike rentals, but would say that your insurance costs would be absolutely diabolical.

Comment

actually, a lot of people have their licence and dont ride.. but .. your right.. i dont think the demand is there either.

Its a pitty. Because last year my mate looked everywhere for a place to hire bikes for a weekend cruise we had. He has his 250 licence but never ended up getting a bike.

In the end, he was able to "hire" a 250RGV from a dealer..

and he didnt exaclty treat it nice.. which is another reason you dont want in this kind of business.

Comment

Something else to keep in mind given that these bikes would be getting THRASHED is the insurance turn around. You get someone binning a rental bike you're looking up to 2 months to get it all fixed up and back on the road.

Get a few crashes in a week and you might as well stay home for a month.

Comment

it's a good idea but what if they bring ur bike bake with finished tiyrs?? or he have the same bike and hey have some broken stuff in his bike and he replacethe good parts from ur bike with his broken 1 r u ganna charge him for that???
                the idea is nice but to keep it working it will need a real big company not just a small shop
                but really before i get my bike i was looking for place to hier a bike to see 1st if it nice to have a bike here in perth or not but couldent find one
                we never sleep
                24 hours a day
                7 days a week

Comment

Personally I can see people abusing this.. hire bike.. hire camera.. sell video :twisted:
                  Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

man if i rent a bike do u think i will take care of it??
                    man if u ganna rent a bike what do u think u ganna do with it??
                    park it and wake??or have a real fun and let this 100s of dollars worth it :twisted:
                    we never sleep
                    24 hours a day
                    7 days a week

Comment

Personally I can see people abusing this.. hire bike.. hire camera.. sell video :twisted:
                      I was just thinking on the same lines as you ChOOkiE....... If you look at that site in the eastern states, just see what bikes they have available. I don't see any ducati or 1000cc sports bikes.

If you do then your looking at bigggggggggggggggg dollars man.
                      ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
                      FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

Yup, thanks everyone. Sometimes we get these great brainwaves that need some perspective...

Back to the old drawing board!! :cry:
                        Sponsor:Thanks heaps to MDH Tuning, Silkolene and Ferodo.

Comment

Sounds good...

but I coulnt find any places would do that in Perth.

I am paying aprrox $120 a week for damm hyundai cage hire.

If I can find some one let me ride on bike for that price I would.

only place I seen is SCOOTER for hire @ freo.

my two cents

Comment

prices seem ok.. i remember some one after a bike for a weekned for $300

so i guess ppl would pay
                            Love
                            Nick :twisted:

Comment

prices seem ok.. i remember some one after a bike for a weekned for $300

so i guess ppl would pay
                              I agree but insurance would be an issue, unless you could put the cost of the bike on their credit card so if they binned it you would be covered.
                              I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Working...
                              X