Death of a 2003 R1 gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death of a 2003 R1 gearbox

my 2003 R1 gearbox has shat itself.. pops in and out of 2nd...shop says selector fork rubbing on drum and has worn 2nd gear dog!!

yamaha say WEAR AND TEAR (bike done 16,00kms)

no warranty cover as apparantly its wear and tear!!! best offer they come up with is they supply parts (R.R.P $1800) and i pay $900 labour....

this is way out of order! any one else had/having probs?
    :evil: :evil:
    YAMAHA AUSTRALIA - FUCKING CLOWNS

i heard a lot of stories about this problem with R1's usually with the earlier models. it happened to my mate on his 99 R1 and it was fixed under warranty. Crossed fingures that mine will stay together!

Comment

ok. everyone hee knows you are to do with NSX. so you ain't gonna get sympathy here. quit winging and get it fixed. bitch.
      ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

nods
        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

hey churchy you fool! i not after sympathy i is lookin for answers from the oracle.................
          what time sat night?

Comment

I am the oracle!

whenever, ill start straight after work. :twisted: as long as I have a wingman anyway.
            ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

dunno about being your wingman, i have topick up a little ladie at 7:30 ish...me hears the girls headin into town later but i keen to stay and destroy some beam with ya! although i reckon the orange beast will be picking up drunken ladies after there drinkin session (which is always good fun) :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

Daz,

Do you change gears during wheelies much? Please tell us what sort of "wear and tear" you subject your gearbox to.
                If you can... you MUST!

Comment

wear and tear is defined as .
                  1.get out of bed-start bike engaged first and drive to work frquently changing gears using clutch lever.
                  at 5.00pm do the same but in opposite direction
                  2. on sundays after church i like to meet by buddys and the local beach and we like to ride in small, tight knit group usually to a quiet area to avoid accidents with cars and the other bike riders (some of whom have appeared on today tonight)

after seeing lots of motorcycles like mine being used as racing machines and unicycles i fail to see how i have broken mine!

Comment

Hmmm well I seem to have no problems with my 03 R1 gearbox... the only thing different I do to you is that I dont go to church.
                    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Dangerous Daz... you ride like a grannie... your bike should last forever

hehehehe

just jokes man...

hope thats not a problem with the R1's... mines been fine so far...
                      tba.....

Comment

GOOOOOOO YAMAAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAA

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Thats why they are called Yamaha hahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Have a look at the radiator hoses on a HONDA - Yamashita!!!

Comment

buy a zookie.

Comment

having destroyed a ZX6R gearbox i know what a shit ache it can be but my R1 box is fine after 30000k so youve done something to mince it
                              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Working...
                              X