Ever been nicked for lane-splitting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever been nicked for lane-splitting?

No, I'm not asking the famous "Is lane-spitting illegal?" question.

How many people have been picked up for lane-splitting (or know someone who has)? And I mean sensible lane-spitting through stationary traffic with no hoon factor involved (like leaving the lights at Ludicrous Speed on one wheel).

Constable care told me at the roadside that I only have one point left on my license till next April (It's not that I speed more than anyone else, I just seem to get caught more than anyone else). One more offence and it's suspension town for me.

I've got my speed problem under control. However, for the long commute each morning, it hardly seems worth taking the bike if you're not going to lane-split. I'm weighing up the odds. I've never been busted for lane-splitting in 9 years of riding.

Have you?
    www.sortbycorruptiondate.com

8 years riding the commute never been pinged for that.

Passed heaps of coppers too. so NP man.
    Dead Man's Hand
    Internationational Porter Protection Group
    Just call me Pat

Comment

Grantlington and I were busy lane splitting through slow moving traffic the other morning up Kwinana freeway, traffic was moving perhaps 25km/h, and passed a copper on a motorbike. We pulled up one car behind him and fell in with another bike that was there. Grantlington looked me askance and I shrugged my shoulders, he thought I meant go on so he did, the copper looked so I hung back to see if Grantlington got nicked ( I'm good like that ) but the copper was happy to just sit in his spot, so I went passed and further down the road the other bike was behind us.

Cal
      I live in my own little world, but it's OK they know me here

Comment

Have split past cops (hell, even ended up right next to plod at the front of the lights before - you'd expect him to simply wind down the window and go "oi, you're nicked" or the aussie equivalent) to no effect.

I think so long as you do it in a safe manner, you'll be fine.
        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Read it and weep

http://www.abc.net.au/melbourne/stories/s1549432.htm

This and many more half arsed things are being brought in by local and federal governments with and without public knowledge

yeah Yeah.. another plug for the MRA
          THEY NEED YOUR SUPPORT, BE IT FINANCIAL, OR ACTUALLY TURNING UP AND GETTING INVOLVED

NOT FOR MUCH LONGER IF YOU DONT MAKE AN EFFORT!
          Real Men Ride Nakid
          http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Typical legislation pushers that have never fucking riden a motorcycle.
            "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

bloody hell cal you had to bring up using me as a guinea pig didnt you!
              As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

Nice work Calamity

I have been riding 9 years and have never been nicked for it.

Comment

ive pulled up next to a car at the lights.

they just looked at me then kept going as did i.

i see it as they have better things to do than deal with *something i deem as* a petty offense.
                  alot of paperwork for a tiny result.

Comment

No
                    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Ive herd of guys getting done, but only cause they crossed the broken line tween lanes and didnt indicate. Dunno what the penalty for changin lanes without indicating is.

Comment

Yes,
                        No fine or anything like that...more than likely and excuse for the Motorcycle cop to do a random license check on me.

I saw him at the light...did everything according to the regs...pulled up on the right hand side of the car at the lights and the took off at a casual speed.
                        He pulled me up and told me that I was lane splitting and that was ILLEGAL. I told him he must be mistaken as the law as I know it says...If traffic is stationary then you may overtake traffic on either side of it...etc...
                        He told me that was a point of conjecture and asked to see my license.

As it is now that I think back to that day a month or so ago I believe he crossed two lanes of traffic in one motion to get behind me so quickly...I'm pretty sure that illegal.

Hasn't stopped me from lane splitting...and I've put up parallel to a police car not heard boo from them.

Comment

I've been doing it for years, have split past cop bikes & cop cars, have had cop cars move left so I could split past. Never had any trouble.

Comment

17yrs on Road bikes, never had a sideways glance from police. Plenty of irrate motorists though, don't they hate it?

When I'm in my car, I try to move to the side of the lane to give bikes some room....keeps the car safer from wobbly riders.

Comment

I've been stopped. Asked why I can't wait inline like everyone else.

My reply was "I have a friend with a fucked back cause he waited in line and some blind old cocksucker ran into the back of him. I'm not playing that game."

Cop said " Fair enough, have a nice day"

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Working...
                              X