Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Bikes

Hey Guys,

Have any of you guys got links to blogs or threads created for your bike restoration/project bikes.
    Looking for something to pass the time.

Also, im looking to start a bike project of my own and was wondering where everybody looked for bikes with minor damage/fairing damage but reasonably ok engines./not running for minor reasons.

Thanks fellas

Cant help you with the blog/website for project bikes but a good place to start for smashed up bikes or repairable writeoffs is Fowles Salvage Auctions - www.fowles.com.au PM BIGFELLA off the forums he has done this

Comment

I know it probably doesnt have alot of relevance but on silwa(my previous home) we recently had added a section for "Your Ride".. and poeple put information/pictures of mods.. progress pictures and current ones.
      Was a great addition to the forums and was very interesting indeed. Should make something up for here cause im sure alot of guys here put time and effort into their bikes

Comment

I know it probably doesnt have alot of relevance but on silwa(my previous home) we recently had added a section for "Your Ride".. and poeple put information/pictures of mods.. progress pictures and current ones.
        Was a great addition to the forums and was very interesting indeed. Should make something up for here cause im sure alot of guys here put time and effort into their bikes[/b]
        You can start your own blog or photo album here on PSB...check the links top right of your screen...

Comment

friend of mine is doing a cafe racer - has a great blog

http://caferacersreturn.blogspot.com

I'm not sure if he's joined psb yet.

Comment

has anyone tried setting up a blog on PSB lately? last time I tried it told me I didn't have permission.

My previous Blog disappeared a while back somehow. It was about my project bike.

If you have a look around you'll find various threads on PSB. Hewie, Gryphen and rz350 all had them iirc.

The rgv forum has lots of really good write-ups.

No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

search for the ZXR 750 thread started by me (or *_xphread_* - whatever my original login became after the great PSB Hack and Burn)

Not extensive as far as blogs go, but focuses more on the paint/panel side of things (with a little bit of bling/mod).
              Its better than nothing.

Comment

Thanks guys

Still keen to find a cheap 250 or maybe a bigger bike for cheap as!

Comment

what i wanna know is how the heck do you guys afford some of these really really really nice mods ect for ya bikes im on good wage and still struggling maybe i need to lose some of my luxuries (i needa bling up a lil more lol)
                  TIP: if you get pulled over by a young copper let him play with your bike, its amazing what you can get away with

Comment

Did ya try doin a search for project bikes
                    Some Project Bikes
                    Church of Hoonology

Preach the 3 R's. Ride, Repair, Repeat

Comment

what i wanna know is how the heck do you guys afford some of these really really really nice mods ect for ya bikes im on good wage and still struggling maybe i need to lose some of my luxuries (i needa bling up a lil more lol)[/b]
                      Yeah i'd love to know this. Seems no matter how much I earn its never enough. I'd like to know what some of these dudes do for a crust so I can go do that to.
                      Milk, milk, lemonade, round the corner Adelaide

Comment

Working...
                      X