Proposed Dowerin Track - weekenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Dowerin Track - weekenders?

Now, there has been a lot of interest about the proposed dowerin track, and given it's an hour and a half drive from perth, I figure people might want to do weekenders or overnight trips, and so, for my own interest, I'm curious as to what kind of accommodation people would prefer, or if they think they would go up in groups etc.

I was thinking something like a two story lodge, with seperate "cabin" rooms up top, a common "campers kitchen" down the bottom, and ablution block built in. With a "dining hall" setup running down the centre. The second story "open" above the dining hall.

If anyone has ever gone down to the camp at Nanga, they'll know what I mean.

The idea being, basic accommodation thats comfortable, and with a good group atmosphere.

And what would you be expecting to pay for such a visit?

Seems a little bit specific I know, it's just a thought that popped into my head today.

If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, what else would you be looking at?

Camping?
    Motel?
    Chalets?
    Caravan?
    Bed and breakfast?
    Farm stay?

Also, would you be prepared to travel 15 minutes or so to such a facility, if it had a better setup?

(or maybe a microbrewery attatched )
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

I'd go more for you traditional country strip motel setup. A carport out the front to keep track of the bikes, single/double/dorm style rooms, reverse cycle air-con to soothe/warm tired bodies and a nice hot shower.

Keep common/bbq/drinking areas away from sleeping areas, as weekends away are all about drinking for some, and sleeping after going hard on the track for others.

Keep it simple and cheap, you don't need anything too fancy.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

been to nanga and that setup would be good for big group
      Thought for the day
      Handle every situation like a dog.
      If you cant eat it or screw it....
      Piss on it and walk away.

Comment

not so enthusiastic today?

Comment

I'll have a campsite and a showerblock thanks (actually is there a caravan park in Dowerin that would already have this stuff? Better off using that than building one which will compete with the locals....
          Damo

Comment

not so enthusiastic today?[/b]
            Sorry, been preoccupied.

Ideally, accommodation should cater for 2 different groups of people. Competitors/support crew first and spectators/enthusiasts second. I say these 2 groups because they will have different accommodation needs.

Competitors and people actually involved in the event will want their own self contained stuff, where the public cannot access. They will want secure garaging or storage facilities for all of their shit. I am thinking something along the lines of chalets or cabins in close proximity to the track.

Spectators and enthusiasts could use a multitude of accommodation options including a caravan park, campsite, hostel, hotel or B & B. Some of those options, like a hotel or campsite, should have some sort of secure facility for people's motorbikes.

Comment

cheers for the response.

Comment

Baxkpackers with lock up parking for trailers/utes.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Chalets and camp grounds with a shower/ablutions block.
                  Cheap and easy.
                  Oh, BBQ facilities too, like they have in public parks/beaches etc.
                  Kthxbai.

Comment

bumpety bump

Comment

I think what Desmo said would cover the majority of peoples needs. And also people would make use of any hotel/motels in and around Dowerin.

Comment

...and sat & sun track days to make your stay more pleasurable.
                        It's hard not to get caught up in the notion that speed is the thing. Hell, who doesn't want to be fast?

Comment

An hour and a half from Perth? That's like the distance from Melbourne to PI - ride down there, get on the track and hope you don't stack it and then ride back to Melbourne. HTFU FFS!!
                          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

If you can ride home, your obviously not going hard enough on the track

Comment

Originally posted by sathid View Post
                              If you can ride home, your obviously not going hard enough on the track
                              Ha ha yeah, touche...................
                              Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Working...
                              X