Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YZF1000 Thunderace advice

Hi All

I have been offered a 1998 Yamaha YZF1000 with low KM's, I have owned plenty of bikes but not one of these, just looking for any input anybody can give me.

Thanks Daz

I've had two in the past, a very under-rated model. +18km/l, +260kph, 2nd gear throttle wheelies, fine track day weapon. I rode the wheels off both, torquey engine, good brakes & more than satisfying handling with livable ergo's. Reliable as a Swiss watch.

Summary: value+

S.
    Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Weren't these bikes the weapon of choice in the old Formula Xtreme, before the advent of the R1?
      "It's just a motorcyle race" - Mick Doohan, post-race press conference, Phillip Island.

Comment

I've had two in the past, a very under-rated model. +18km/l, +260kph, 2nd gear throttle wheelies, fine track day weapon. I rode the wheels off both, torquey engine, good brakes & more than satisfying handling with livable ergo's. Reliable as a Swiss watch.

Summary: value+

S.[/b]
        Thanks for the info, it sounds pretty good from what you are saying, I will be having a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks Daz

Comment

Never owned one but had a friend who did i used to swap mine for his on rides from time to time , im not a yami fan but fuck they are good bikes as sprint said very very underated good for all the anti social behavior you like wheelies stopies powerslides , all the things you need ! LOL
          Plus they are a very comfy mile muncher !
          In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
          The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

I bought one November last year..
            Use it everyday.
            When I bought it it had full Yoshi system fitted, I dropped the front sprocket 2 teeth, and its a missile, but it now needs 6th gear..
            Am really impressed with it, 250-300 Km on a tank running from Kelmscott to Perth more or less daily.
            Its good for 2 up cruising too.

Comment

I bought one November last year..
              Use it everyday.
              When I bought it it had full Yoshi system fitted, I dropped the front sprocket 2 teeth, and its a missile, but it now needs 6th gear..
              Am really impressed with it, 250-300 Km on a tank running from Kelmscott to Perth more or less daily.
              Its good for 2 up cruising too.[/b]

The more post's I see the better they get, I'm seeing it tomorrow morning so I will tell you all how I go on.

Thanks for all the info everyone, Daz

Comment

The more post's I see the better they get, I'm seeing it tomorrow morning so I will tell you all how I go on.

Thanks for all the info everyone, Daz
                [/quote]

Well looked at it today, needed a new front tyre, which is not a problem, have half the fairing smashed off around the headlight was a slight problem

I just wish people could explain properly what they are selling, saves me going on a 2 hour trip to be let down.

Anyway still looking for my bike, Daz

Comment

Working...
                X