Wheel Polishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Polishers

Got a mate who bought some wheels and wants to get them polished.

Can anyone recommend professional polishing companies ?

Preferably NOR.

CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Dr Polish in Malaga...
    also known as One on One motorcycles across the road from the Malaga markets
    Ph (08) 9248 4758

Comment

Cheers Kev
      CAUTION: ATTEMPTING TO OVERTAKE THIS VEHICLE MAY RESULT IN A HIGH SPEED WHEELIE

Comment

No wheel polishers around here plenty of rims one though!
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Piece of advise. Green slime/blue slime flat tyre prevention eats the shit out rims when you leave it.

Unfortunately I have just learnd the hard way.

Comment

what Kev said, although when i got mine done and got them back he did tell me that if I wanted them more polished then i would have to do it myself with some polish.... i did and they came up very good...

Speak to Simon at Motor cycle panel an paint, I'm sure he will know of some where...
            Sponsored by:
            Coote Industrial, Comleck- electrical,
            Motorcycle Panel and Paint, Milkd

Comment

Do it youself (taken from r1 forum)

Here is the products you will need.

1. Paint Stripper
              2. Metal pan or bucket
              3. Brass brush
              4. Foam brush / Paint Brush to apply stripper.
              5. Plastic scraper
              6. Rubber gloves (the stripper burns if you get it on your skin)
              7. 800-1000 grit sand paper (optional)
              8. 00 Steel wool pads (not shown)

I used the 800 grit sand paper to wet sand the rear wheel a bit when I got it stripped. This is not necessary but the rear wheel will have some tiny groves in it that you can see that is from the wheel manufacture process. The rim still looks great if you dont wet sand it.

1. Pour a small mount of the stripper into the pan/bucket. I used foam brush to apply the stripper to the wheel.
              2. Apply the stripper to one side of the wheel at a time. Let the stripper sit for about 30-45 minutes to work in. Let the stripper do the work here. The more you let the stripper get at the paint the less scrubbing you have to do.
              3. After you let the stripper work, use the brass brush to scrub some of the loosened paint off. Dont worry it will look like its not coming off too easy, you just have to scrub what comes off and then wipe off the removed paint and apply another coat of stripper. You will have to do this a few times before the paint is completely off.
              4. Use the steel wool to remove any leftover specs of paint. You can be as anal as you want here, I was pretty picky so it came out pretty clean
              5. Here is where I wet sanded the wheel. You dont need to do this, I did make a small difference but not necessary. I could have done it longer but it was pretty smooth after about 15-20 minutes of scrubbing.

Next step is to get your favorite aluminum polish and polish those lips. I used Mothers Polish it works great. I also have some Metal Gloss which is a liquid polish and works equally as well.
              "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

I just repolished the rims on my 400 - still not a mirror finish though. Might try some of that Mothers Polish or Metal Gloss.
                Autosol just doesn't cut it.

Comment

Try Matt at Refleks Metal Polishing
                  Unit 5/7 Cusack Rd Malaga
                  [email protected]
                  9209 2835
                  0414 947 507
                  He did all the polishing on our drag car and did great job.

RR VRT #100
                  Sponsors Wanted.
                  Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                  A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

Working...
                  X