what do you think its worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think its worth?

OK, I've located a bike, 05 bleck r6, bog stock, not even an oggy to be seen.. 4000km, lic NOV 05, very clean..

So, how much do you think its worth? Going to go have another looksy this morning

http://www.redbook.com.au

that's you're best bet
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Totally random off the cuff what i'd consider fair: ~10k?

If you're going to part with much more than that you may as well get a NEW bike...
      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Thro's got it about right. It would want to be super clean for any more.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

yeah, had a chat to dale (britton) and he doesnt want to budge from 12 the sad thing is that he'll probably get it too.. oh well, the hunt continues...

Comment

Sounds to me like he ups all of the bikes by about 2K from what they should be (according to Redbook)... Must sell a lot to be able to do it. Jus walk in wit 10K n slam it on the desk n say "I'll take it fucker' ...
            Mite work
            * I take no responsibility for my posts! The lil man in my head makes me type it... ^_^

Comment

yeah, had a chat to dale (britton) and he doesnt want to budge from 12 the sad thing is that he'll probably get it too.. oh well, the hunt continues...[/b]

The dealers are pretty low on stock at the moment. And this time of year they're selling bikes hand over fist, so you're unlikely to get a steal. Also, because they are so low on stock they end up paying primo dollars for the bikes they buy, hence, even at $12k, Brittons are probably not making squillions of dollars out of it.

You're always gonna pay more from a dealer. The $10k thro said (I assume) would have been referring to a private sale.

IMHO anyway

Good luck with the search!
              It must've been Tuesday. He was wearing his "cornflower-blue" tie.

Comment

9-9.5K max its going to be 3yrs old very soon 12K is a joke.

MM

Comment

wow thats pretty high, he must have made a shitty trade on it...
                  (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

wow thats pretty high, he must have made a shitty trade on it...[/b]
                    Like whats been mentioned, he bought it for more than what he liked to (he said that himself). I know the britton family so i know that a good portion of what he tells me is the truth.

At the end of the day, he's running a business, and he has to make money on what he sells, be it 3K on that trade in, or 500 on a quick stock item like the 600's are, and I respect that. I put a deal to him, and he's having a think about it over the weekend, so we'll see what happens.

Comment

The dealers are pretty low on stock at the moment. And this time of year they're selling bikes hand over fist, so you're unlikely to get a steal. Also, because they are so low on stock they end up paying primo dollars for the bikes they buy, hence, even at $12k, Brittons are probably not making squillions of dollars out of it.
                      Good luck with the search![/b]
                      Bingo, sunny weather and all of a sudden everyone wants a bike.
                      Second hand stock is low, and 600's are always quick to go as they are the next obvious upgrade path from a 250.

Comment

Sounds to me like he ups all of the bikes by about 2K from what they should be (according to Redbook)... Must sell a lot to be able to do it. Jus walk in wit 10K n slam it on the desk n say "I'll take it fucker' ...
                        Mite work [/b]
                        Redbook.. Thats a reliable source..

That thing has never been close... $10k on the desk you say.. I'd tell ya to come back when you got another $2K ..

Comment

Some people.....eh Col?
                          Originally posted by Viper
                          I'm probably fucking something up.
                          FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                          Administrator

Comment

Damn, how can we plot and scheme against the evil dealers if they are reading the forums?

Love ya work Col
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PBB @ Oct 6 2007, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
                              Sounds to me like he ups all of the bikes by about 2K from what they should be (according to Redbook)... Must sell a lot to be able to do it. Jus walk in wit 10K n slam it on the desk n say "I&#39;ll take it fucker&#39; ...
                              Mite work [/b]
                              Redbook.. Thats a reliable source..

That thing has never been close... $10k on the desk you say.. I&#39;d tell ya to come back when you got another $2K ..
                              [/b][/quote]

Sorry to be "talking bout you behind your back", was just looking for the opinions of others.. and I never go out of my way to &#39;scheme&#39; on these forums, I keep my un-gentleman-like comments to myself

Comment

Working...
                              X