Just a question about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a question about

The other night I went to fill up the bike. Pulled into my local servo, got off the bike, gloves off, flipped helmet up (yes it's a flip-top), opened the filler. No fuel....hmmmm...waited a while, nothing. I looked up at the attendant and she motioned that I must remove my helmet. I went to the window to query her and she said she wouldn't start the pump until my helmet was completely off.

Now I know you've got to remove them when entering the shop, but I've never had this happen. Anyone else?

Is it a WA thing?

D'Art

Read the signs...you are s'posed to remove helmet and get off bike...

Comment

Never had that happen, but I had a guy once tell me to put it up on the centre stand before I could get any fuel. Had to explain that my bike didn't have said center stand. I do believe he would have done the same thing.
      DISCLAIMER: I is an idiot

"Physics is: - like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it.
      - to maths what sex is to masturbation"
      -Richard Feynman

Comment

also means you can't fill up and then do a runner in any great hurry.
        Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Comment

depends on the servo. Some will and some won't. They usually have a policy somewhere on the pump about no helmets/no sitting on bike, etc.

Comment

Never happened to me... My routine consists of: Get off bike, gloves off, helmet off, fill up, pay, helmet on, gloves on, get on bike, ride away.

So I suppose its never been a problem because I just do it anyway

Comment

Never had that problem. I get off the bike take me galsses off and face mask if I am wearing it.

Enter the shop pay and walk back out again and have never ever been refused or even questioned.

Admittedly its an open face but ther is still no difference whe the shop assitant can see your face as well as the security camera.

Comment

Went to fill up one morning, after a 90 minute ride that started at 4 a.m.

Filled her up with the helmet on, walked into the shop trying to take the helmet off, but couldn't. Fingers were too bloody frozen.

But they wouldn't accept payment until I took the helmet off.

I suppose I should've just waved some cash around and then walked out, as I was hardly refusing to pay.

But the pwicks wouldn't take payment until I rmeoved the helmet.
                Bloody hard to do with no feeling in the fingers.

Comment

he/she may have been robbed before and still a bit freaked out by it.

i had a guy go troppo at me cause i was on the phone and "too close" to the station itself.
                  lucky all those electronic devices in cars n bike dont do anything.

Comment

Never happened to me either, although I have been told off for trying to fill up the bike whilst sitting on it.

I usually don't remove my lid and gloves until I am about to enter the shop.

Comment

although I have been told off for trying to fill up the bike whilst sitting on it.[/b]
                      me too.

i always get there take gloves off and sit on bike fill up ( so i can get the most in ) then close it and walk in while taking helmet off

i do it everywere , the only place that makes me take my helmet off is caltex in swan view morrison road.

everywere else i just fill up then take my shit off

Comment

it is definatly a policy MOST servos run by no lid and not allowed on bike
                        TIP: if you get pulled over by a young copper let him play with your bike, its amazing what you can get away with

Comment

Hmmm, ok I'll chk the signs. I do take the lid off when going to pay, but out of habit, I keep the helmet on until I've finished fueling. I guess I do that for two reason. 1) Keeps ears warm in winter and 2) Keeps lid away from any accidental fuel spills.

It's just I've never seen a sign that disallows helmets while filling.

Cheers,

D'Art

Comment

hope im not hijacking the thread with this, do people carry their helmet into the servo or leave it on the bike seat(my habit probably lazy) anyone had it stolen at the servo?
                            National pride should not be a crime!.

Comment

depends on the servo. Some will and some won't. They usually have a policy somewhere on the pump about no helmets/no sitting on bike, etc.[/b]

Yep, I follow the same process. I guess sometimes attendants came be a bit pedantic about things. The signs do say that riders have to take their helmets off though.

`Ride on Cam - No. 52` :aus-salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X